Career Officer
# 1 Bikini's Please!
06-29-2013, 09:36 AM
Ok I've been randomly posting for a good while now about Bikinis.

I've requested several types, posted my ideas on short-mid-long term request threads.
-Ask Cryptics
-some of the threads within "The Art Of Star Trek Online"

So *sigh* there are now One-Piece bikinis live on Risa not for us players though... we're too crap for that... NPCs get access though...

this is the style of Bikini I'd like to use within game, considering the Orions have their own styled bikini. and that I'd stick with them and their guns to say they want to keep their bikinis. "unique" probably the ONLY thing left of the Klingon side that is completely Unique.

I've tweeted my requests to Branflakes, @trekonlinegame even Mr. Stahl.

"either I'm truely hated within the walls of Cryptic studios... or they just ignore me."
probably the later...

I want the Bikinis that are on the NPC's they're tasteful, pretty and nice. and there are two of them!

Please Cryptic, Please! I'm a Tailor Addict there isn't a day that doesn't go by "in game" that I'm not tinkering with an outfit.

RachelJ88
Career Officer
# 2
06-29-2013, 09:40 AM
I'd listen to her guys
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
06-29-2013, 11:44 AM
I am in complete agreement here!
Captain
# 4
06-29-2013, 12:07 PM
Me too!
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 5
06-29-2013, 12:17 PM
The reason you will never see bikinis at Risa lies with CBS Studios. Unless they okay it it will never happen. This isn't the cutting edge CBS of the 1960's where the women had racy costumes on The Original Series. Yes those are still racy by today's standards. There is infact a nude mod which has also comprimised any costume here in the STO community. So that is basically why you will not see bikinis.
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
06-29-2013, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnthebard View Post
The reason you will never see bikinis at Risa lies with CBS *SNIP*
That's the rumour, but as far as I know, it has never been put out in public, in writing. If you have seen it in writing, could you please share the link with us?

There really is not reason not to imo. It's been proven that it is possible to do, so why not put them in game? They look to be of *far* higher quality than the PC outfits we have access to through the summer event

*waits for some killjoy to come along saying "ERMAGERD BIKINIZ IZ OBJECTIFYING"*
There was a sig here, but I gave up. Thanks {REDACTED}

Last edited by captainoblivous; 06-29-2013 at 02:27 PM.
Career Officer
# 7
06-29-2013, 02:43 PM
I support this, even if it's sold in the store and not free. This would likely be a cash cow as many, many players would gladly pay for a swimwear pack.

Last edited by mynamesthedoctor; 06-29-2013 at 02:47 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
06-29-2013, 04:24 PM
Rachel, apparently orion female characters get lucky. If they buy the floral wreath stuff from risa, they can get rid of the loin cloth and make a bikini.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=771891
There was a sig here, but I gave up. Thanks {REDACTED}
Ensign
# 9 Yes!
06-29-2013, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelj88 View Post
I want the Bikinis that are on the NPC's they're tasteful, pretty and nice. and there are two of them!

Please Cryptic, Please! I'm a Tailor Addict there isn't a day that doesn't go by "in game" that I'm not tinkering with an outfit.

RachelJ88
I agree! There are so many nice Risa'n outfits, even if they where only wearable on Risa it would be worth while!

I love to unlock stuff with missions, why not spread of those outfits about as random mission rewards, or something .

Votes for access!
Republic Veteran
# 10
06-29-2013, 05:16 PM
Orion females can have a steel bikini. The colour pallete is limited though. You will need the flower costume. Two of my three Orions have it and almost have it for the third.