Windows 7
1680x1050

No Issues
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-18-2010, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndorianShran View Post
I am running the GeForce 6150 SE card with an AMD Athlon X2 5000 Dual Core processor with 3gb RAM and 320 gb HD...

The stuttering has always been an issue but seems more pronounced in the last couple of days. Hopefully they will fix it but I am not hopeful. I have heard that the GeForce cards have major conflicts with the Cryptic engine.
Oh just noticed. Why would you have a 5k dual core with 3gb ram and 320 gb hdd, and use an intergrated chip for a card? Did HP or Dell scam you into thinking it was worth buying?
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-18-2010, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndorianShran View Post
I am running the GeForce 6150 SE card with an AMD Athlon X2 5000 Dual Core processor with 3gb RAM and 320 gb HD...

The stuttering has always been an issue but seems more pronounced in the last couple of days. Hopefully they will fix it but I am not hopeful. I have heard that the GeForce cards have major conflicts with the Cryptic engine.
LOL I just saw this.

Dude
Open you computer and find out what type of video card you can add.
Then Go To BestBuy or some place online and buy and new card. Hell 8800s are only 80+ dollars now.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-18-2010, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post
Oh just noticed. Why would you have a 5k dual core with 3gb ram and 320 gb hdd, and use an intergrated chip for a card? Did HP or Dell scam you into thinking it was worth buying?
Yeah, good system specs but chunky video card. I have an old ATI 3850 in a junk hardware box next to my computer that would play this game about a bazillion times better than that integrated crap.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-18-2010, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylr616 View Post
Yeah, good system specs but chunky video card. I have an old ATI 3850 in a junk hardware box next to my computer that would play this game about a bazillion times better than that integrated crap.
Exactly. The OP probaly read the few posts about this, and has run off with his tail between his legs.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-18-2010, 10:48 AM
I did check into it and my apologies to STO. This system is what I have at work and after researching the clock speed etc. (I am not a geek and ignorant about these things), realize I will need to upgrade the card. In the meantime I went to minimum settings and it is better but not best.

As to my post, It was not a knee jerk reaction, it was based on previous threads and posts on other forums with people having problems with GeForce cards in general. A little constructive criticism goes a long way, and realization that not everyone on here up to date with the latest goings on in the computer world and we are trying to educate ourselves on the fly.

Thanks again for the constructive criticism.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-18-2010, 10:50 AM
awwww come on now...no need to be this way to the OP....
not everyone has tech savy experience as some of us here do.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-18-2010, 11:29 AM
I am running two 9800 GTX+'s in SLI with a AMD dual core 6000 proc and 4 gigs ram With Windows 7 64 bit and I have been experiencing real herky jerky performance as well, which doesn't happen with other games I play like LotRO and Fallen Earth. OF course I haven't been able to log in for the last couple days what with the server load issues so I can't test out any things recommended here, but yeah...despite the low vid specs of the OP's system there are issues. Guess I'll try and work out my graphical issues when STO goes live because I just don't see myself being able to log in before the beta ends, unless they make some major changes soon.
Lt. Commander
Something I've had some success with has been eliminating the pre-rendered frames on the Nvidia control panel. It seems that the latest drivers allow the card to pre-render frames in an attempt to boost rendering speed. This options is defaulted to 3 frames.. On many games I was able to fix stuttering issues by setting the pre-render frames to 0.

Just a thought for those who would like to try it. I'm running Nvidia 9500GS 512MB, running on default settings with no stutter.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-18-2010, 11:34 AM
I'm running a 9800 GTX with 512 Mb, Win7 64 bit. No stuttering or issues.