Ensign
# 1 More Levels and Ships
06-25-2013, 11:14 PM
Im a level 50 on the online game and you now almost have nothing to do. once you hit 50 you should be able to get a new ship as you did a lot of hard work on the game to get there. unless im missing something its not worth playing anymore now. i don't spend money on the game nor will i. so is this the end of the road for us that hit level 50?
Career Officer
# 2
06-25-2013, 11:25 PM
Run STF's ,daliy missions ,foundry missions ect.... all reward dilithium that can be converted into zen to buy ships off the store. Oh wait let me guess that takes effort.
"No more wire hangers, Christina"
Captain
# 3
06-25-2013, 11:38 PM
Many players purchased zen to buy c-store ships, so they can work through stfs, pve, and pvp missions. Endgame content is focused on building reputations, starbases, and embassies. Get a group of people together, so you can enjoy your experience. Try not to get stuck in an endless grind.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-26-2013, 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scipher View Post
Run STF's ,daliy missions ,foundry missions ect.... all reward dilithium that can be converted into zen to buy ships off the store. Oh wait let me guess that takes effort.
I think he's making the valid point, that all that's left is mindless repetitive grinding to get items that you use for more grinding. The game is essentially empty of content, and all that's left after hitting 50 is 'effort'.
And of course there is the old favorite, make another character and do it all over again.
Captain
# 5
06-26-2013, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiedeadheaded View Post
I think he's making the valid point, that all that's left is mindless repetitive grinding to get items that you use for more grinding. The game is essentially empty of content, and all that's left after hitting 50 is 'effort'.
And of course there is the old favorite, make another character and do it all over again.
just like most MMOs, this is as well about grinding for stuff that makes grinding easier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltgenshaw View Post
Im a level 50 on the online game and you now almost have nothing to do. once you hit 50 you should be able to get a new ship as you did a lot of hard work on the game to get there. unless im missing something its not worth playing anymore now. i don't spend money on the game nor will i. so is this the end of the road for us that hit level 50?
you mean hard work, as a long weekend? because it does not take much to level a char.
and the one ship you got at 40 was good enough for end game, and you can buy new ones cheap from the exchange, or get dil (its low as well, a month, and you can get any ship on a f2p account
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
Captain
# 6
06-26-2013, 05:28 AM
Quote:
The final challenge at the end of the game is this: Becoming proficient at PvP. It's what I did, once I became dissatisfied with purely PvE content, and I'm not even a PvP player by nature. I'm not nearly amongst the best, but I can pull my own weight in PvP. Other players should try and make a serious effort to do the same, and not whine when they get blown up a few dozen times while learning what works and what doesn't, and learning how to truly USE their ship and every aspect of it.

It doesn't matter how much PvE content Cryptic dumps into the game. . .people will do it, and then get tired of it very quickly. That's how PvE content works in games like this.

I don't think PvP will ever get tiresome for me, even the woefully limited PvP that this game offers. That's the benefit of PvP. . .you're shooting at thinking opponents that provide an actual diversion on a regular basis.
Career Officer
# 7
06-26-2013, 05:38 AM
Quote:
like every mmo ever?

when it comes down to it is...

did you have fun? if yes yay! do you wanna continue the endgame grind? no? ok, find another mmo!

personally i keep playing coz its a venue where i can hang out with my friends and be in a trek world, but no ones telling you to stick by a game you have no interest in anymore.

thanks for populating our world for the time you were here!