Ensign
# 31
05-23-2013, 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gethralkin1 View Post
No one has mentioned which MMO they switch to
Good point, a few have mentioned it since your post but I'd like to see more.

Worth it - 9
Not worth it - 6
Career Officer
# 32
05-23-2013, 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corporalmac View Post
I'm curious whether or not the general consensus is to move on to the next game or stick it out with STO. I'm not going to lie, I've enjoyed the game since I started playing. On the flip side I have put a lot of money into it and time which makes these large amounts of lost time all the more frustrating. Most games have hiccups, the quantity and severity of the hiccups really dictates how tolerable they are. Over the past three weeks we have had three major hiccups that have put the game out of reach for it's players for 5 hours or longer. So, the question is does this latest hiccup finally push you to another game or are you too invested or too big of a fan to throw in the towel? Secondary question if you are through with STO what MMO would you be leaving for?

Is sto worth it? No its not.

I only play sto for the star trek factor, however it pales in comparison to actual star trek.
As far as switching to another mmo? Nah, I would just drop MMOs all together . For a star trek game I would wait for this one to come out.

--->STEXCALIBUR<---

It's taken a while, but if you're a star trek fan, you'll really see the amount of TLC in its development.
<a href=http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5 target=_blank>http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5</a>
Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
Commander
# 33
05-23-2013, 01:41 AM
The thing is (don't quote me for this, I don't know the statistics at all), for every 1 forum goer that comes on to complain, there are like 1000 others who (wisely) chose to not go on the forums.
Captain
# 34
05-23-2013, 02:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovious View Post
Oh come on... they apparently do not have the know-how to make the over-the-shoulder cam option persistent, and save/load it from a config file, so instead, they just remove the thing and force everyone to use an over-the-shoulder view, that you can't even scroll-wheel in to first-person-view with.

Why is it so hard to believe they can't resolve the other problems?

(sorry devs, but for the life of me I can't understand how you guys ever thought that was a good idea... I won't be doing any ground action in the future because of it, and it was also enough to change my mind, against buying a lifetime subscription while it is on sale)

-- Smoov
This right there. Over the shoulder is not needed in this game because you do not interact via targeting except for in combat, and that is 1 bajilion times better in FPS view than any third person option. over the shoulder is even bad for jump mazes and third person is supposedly the king of jump mazes, but compensate for the character being 2 character spaces to the left creates more difficulty than just doing it in first person where you cannot see your feet.

Worth it? No. the above reason says no alone having a single view, the past monthes worth of downtime screams very loudly in my ears no. the stupid glitches i am seeing now when i can play doing missions on an alt I already did 4 times previously on my main and 3 other alts without having screams NO.

Fun thing for me, my press twice to roll is shut off, Oddly I press twice and i roll. Option is set to OFFF and yet i roll right into a plasma grenade's green smoke just like i did when i shut it off on 4 toons because of that very reason? NO NO NO NO.

Did the devs even read a single beta bug report and actualy fix it? or did they read them and ignore? was the beta just a pre release for advert purposes? I think it was.

This game could be great, I like the new content, i want to roll my new romulan slot. i really want to enjoy the new ground content on each character. If first and real third person is brought back i could do that and tolerate the other bugs. Now i cannot enjoy the new fed ground content because the over the shoulder cam is just wrong and should have been what was removed.
Career Officer
# 35
05-23-2013, 02:59 AM
Quote:
I'm curious whether or not the general consensus is to move on to the next game or stick it out with STO. I'm not going to lie, I've enjoyed the game since I started playing. On the flip side I have put a lot of money into it and time which makes these large amounts of lost time all the more frustrating. Most games have hiccups, the quantity and severity of the hiccups really dictates how tolerable they are. Over the past three weeks we have had three major hiccups that have put the game out of reach for it's players for 5 hours or longer. So, the question is does this latest hiccup finally push you to another game or are you too invested or too big of a fan to throw in the towel? Secondary question if you are through with STO what MMO would you be leaving for?
What hassle? For a few hours in the month you can't login? This is an extremely minor inconvenience unless of course someone's entire life is gaming. I love STO, continue to plough in cash even though I have a LTS. The LoR is simply awesome work from the team and I'm loving every minute of it.

Wouldn't bother with another MMO but do sometimes play FPS, was gutted that Colonial Maries was so awful, so waiting the next big FPS to come out.
Ensign
# 36
05-23-2013, 06:06 AM
I know, I will strongly polarize. Lets do it

Gold-members and life-timers, like me, pay the money for all whiners, who are free-players and enjoy the game. Exactly why gold-members and life-timers have the absolute right of preferential treatment. And sometimes, if there is space on the server, may also fly a free player with us.

Now, chop around.

Last edited by marco23h; 05-23-2013 at 06:09 AM.
Commander
# 37
05-23-2013, 06:11 AM
If you have to even ask the question, you're predisposed to one conclusion really. Just move on. It is "worth the hassle" if you know how to enjoy something. The clue is in the MMO part.

Last edited by artfulmerkage; 05-23-2013 at 06:13 AM.
Captain
# 38
05-23-2013, 06:44 AM
Yes it is.

Patience is a virtue. Go read a book, or watch a movie, or anything else.

Frankly, I want to say thank you to everyone else suffering because you are helping Cryptic learn the problems so they can fix it. Your frustration and stress is helping my experience be less stressful.

I'm sorry you are going through that but thank you!

Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Lt. Commander
# 39
05-23-2013, 06:45 AM
STO's the only MMORPG I'm interested in continuing to play.

That's why I keep ploughing money into it, despite not having a sub. And at least that way I can subsidize the entitlement-queen LTS'ers and keep the game going for them.
Captain
# 40
05-23-2013, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Why does it need to be one or the other? I'm currently playing well over a dozen games - some I sub to and some are FTP. When I'm overly-bored with one I just go and try another for a bit - sometimes on the same day.

Do you only ever watch 1 TV show? Do you only ever eat 1 type of food? Do you only ever listen to one music CD/artist? If not then why would you think you'll only ever be happy with 1 type of game?

Variety is the spice of life. It really doesn't need to be one thing or another. It's the 21st century. You can have it all.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.