Captain
# 51
05-24-2013, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Kind of surprised the "worth it" vote is not winning, the more you play something the more loyal you tend to be to it because you are more and more invested.
You also have to consider, that a large portion of the people roaming and posting in mmo forums are usually those that are angry and feel the need to complain, gripe or whine. So you're bound to get more negative answers. The people that think it's worth it are ingame and enjoying the new content.
Ensign
# 52
05-24-2013, 10:19 AM
I would say it is well worth it. Not to many games have the content that STO has, not to mention if your biggest complaint is that you have to wait a few to play because there servers got bogged down a little then I would say your doing pretty good overall. Its a great game with great content and lots of action and fun. If your not having fun then quit playing and go to your other game. I will be here having fun.
Captain
# 53
05-24-2013, 10:24 AM
I'm asking myself the same question.

Cryptic's an incredibly two-faced company. The content side, the graphics side, they are doing a great job.

On the technical end, on the QA end, the company is an absolute disaster. And I've had about enough. Without even the slightest level of stability all the content in the world isn't worth squat.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom

Last edited by tsurutafan01; 05-24-2013 at 10:27 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 54
05-24-2013, 10:35 AM
Agreed, tsurutafan01. I and many others have been locked out since LoR launched! That's 70.5 hours of no game-access. And the devs blow us off. The few of us who can somehow manage to send a support ticket have their tickets marked as fixed without resolution of the problem.

If I read Brandon post the words "patience" or "cheers" one more time while he's ignoring our pleas for help, I'm going to go very, very Klingon on him!
Captain
# 55
05-24-2013, 10:48 AM
Eh, I never take it out on Brandon. He's the guy who has to live the old adage "Don't shoot the messenger". Customer service jobs are generally crap, but I imagine his is worst than most.

His job is basically to take abuse so the people actually responsible don't have to. (Which in a sense is good because if Cryptic's other staff were wasting their days on the forum that would be... kind of frightening.)

The last month has kind of exposed there's a serious need for either better staff, or increased levels of staff on the Quality Assurance end of the company though. It's a pretty unavoidable conclusion.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Lt. Commander
# 56
05-24-2013, 10:53 AM
I've got to say it again...agreed, tsurutafan01! Brandon has always been a great guy -- I stand corrected.

You need extra diplomatic points for that one! :-)
Lieutenant
# 57
05-24-2013, 11:09 AM
I still play it because its trek. I wouldn't, or couldn't tell anyone else that I think its a good game tho, because if this was a space game and was called Stork online I would be done with it in a day with the way it is now. More so the way it is run now, not even the actual game. If you are really a star trek fan, and you wanted to play for free, and don't mind three year old bugs and downtime numerous times each week, sometimes each day I'd say go ahead and keep playing. I'll keep playing, I just won't spend anything anymore.

Rift is going free to play soon, I'll prob go back to that when it happens anyways, and play this when I have extra time.
Lt. Commander
# 58
05-24-2013, 11:49 AM
Its the best version of the Trek Universe we have.
If its not ideal, at least take heart in that the Cryptic team appears to be moving forward as quickly and as best they are able. I don't see that they are shrugging off problems, only that they might not be able to fix "The Problem of the Day" right this second, or that solutions might be impossible in the existing code.
I think they recognize that the game is a business, and are acting accordingly. Maintaining a customer base totally 100% happy is difficult. Communicating what they ARE doing might not be wise, as it leads to possibly false expectations. We have no idea how many solutions to problems were attempted, and may have failed for one reason or another.

Last edited by tvlar; 05-24-2013 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Clarity
Lt. Commander
# 59
05-24-2013, 11:54 AM
If the game is a hassle to play, don't bother.
Career Officer
# 60
05-24-2013, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corporalmac View Post
I'm curious whether or not the general consensus is to move on to the next game or stick it out with STO. I'm not going to lie, I've enjoyed the game since I started playing. On the flip side I have put a lot of money into it and time which makes these large amounts of lost time all the more frustrating. Most games have hiccups, the quantity and severity of the hiccups really dictates how tolerable they are. Over the past three weeks we have had three major hiccups that have put the game out of reach for it's players for 5 hours or longer. So, the question is does this latest hiccup finally push you to another game or are you too invested or too big of a fan to throw in the towel? Secondary question if you are through with STO what MMO would you be leaving for?
I have to say NO, it isn't worth it. I'm an oldschool lifer and my account isn't worthy of game access. In all reality, this game is NOT run as well as one would hope. The fact that they have intentionally limited the access to the LoR stuff scream pay-2-win and grind for gear like drones. They have had issues with previous big patches, but not quite on this scale. I'm not a paying customer anymore in their eyes, therefore I can't play anymore. GOD FORBID they treat us all as equals. Some people get into the game, the rest of us have to buy something (or create a transaction history) to get in. All I want to do is log in and check on my DOffs. I'm not even ready to start LoR yet. Not that it matters. The Rummies are their main selling point, and you can't play if you aren't funneling money into the corperation. Good luck playing...assuming you can actually get in. Here's hoping your account isn't tagged as a non-paying player (noticed I didn't say "customer?" that would be too much of a compliment for us).