Ensign
Sorry in advance if I missed something somewhere explaining this but, I can't get any armor set to show on my character. Only some kits can be displayed, and even then, some outfits override the display and it disappears. I am just curious as to why this is. Does anyone know why?
Career Officer
# 2
06-03-2013, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostythefett View Post
Sorry in advance if I missed something somewhere explaining this but, I can't get any armor set to show on my character. Only some kits can be displayed, and even then, some outfits override the display and it disappears. I am just curious as to why this is. Does anyone know why?
Because someone decided the Rommie costumes were more important to look at than the armors.
Ensign
# 3
06-03-2013, 04:57 PM
I hope that isn't the case. I can only look at the same thing for so long until it bores me. And if that is the case, what's with the lack of diversity on the Romulan side lol. Can't wear Fed uniforms or KDF ones either, what's the deal Cryptic?

EDIT: I know why we can't wear Fed and KDF due to what the story is about. But I really hope we get more options in the long run.

Last edited by frostythefett; 06-03-2013 at 05:11 PM.
Career Officer
# 4
06-03-2013, 05:01 PM
Because STO "armor" looks awful and none of us want to look at it?

yeah...I said it.
Ensign
# 5
06-03-2013, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by conundrumnsa View Post

yeah...I said it.

Lol personal preference I guess. I think some of it looks pretty damn cool. I am hoping this isn't something that is permanent because more options are always better.
Career Officer
# 6
06-03-2013, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostythefett View Post
I hope that isn't the case. I can only look at the same thing for so long until it bores me. And if that is the case, what's with the lack of diversity on the Romulan side lol. Can't wear Fed uniforms or KDF ones either, what's the deal Cryptic?
The clothes don't bother me. It's the hairstyle restrictions that bug me. As if the Romulans invented the Goth haircut.
Ensign
# 7
06-03-2013, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sopwithsnipe View Post
The clothes don't bother me. It's the hairstyle restrictions that bug me. As if the Romulans invented the Goth haircut.

Hahaha, you're right. I always thought the haircuts were a bit goofy. Maybe we can convince Cryptic to let us borrow some Feds to cut our hair.
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
06-03-2013, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by conundrumnsa View Post

yeah...I said it.
You've said it and I'm going to back you up on that one.

Oh, and OP, don't be suprised it's nothing new to STO. The Klingon faction never had the option to see armor visuals due to some clipping issues or bugs, so it might be the same for Romulans. Or might be that the uniforms are cooler to look at. Or might be that noone in Trek has ever worn Tron outfits.

----------------------------------------------
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Lieutenant
# 9
06-03-2013, 07:57 PM
Or might be that noone in Trek has ever worn Tron outfits. Dang! Beat me to it.
original join date 2010
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-03-2013, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sopwithsnipe View Post

LMAO.

well now that would be life changing wouldnt it.