Lieutenant
# 131
05-23-2013, 08:45 AM
This had better not hold, I am not certain about others even if I can make a fleet of alts to hold unending white doff officers, which I have a sizable amount right now, searching each alt because I have a mail limit for funding my starbase for my mains is well...... beyond stupid.

Why nerf what was already in place for so long?
Captain
# 132
05-23-2013, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suiksaga View Post
Why nerf what was already in place for so long?
Because a quality of life exploit is still an exploit. And I have to imagine the amount of ether-stored stuff was wreaking havoc on the databases,.
Lieutenant
# 133
05-23-2013, 08:55 AM
God the white knights that defend cryptic no matter what they do drives me mad. This was never a exploit, it a poor attempt to try to milk people more while frustrating long term players.

I have most of main main and alts at 400 of 400 doff and I still never have the room mind you most are blue/purple officers already and holding white doffs for starbase projects on top of that well let just stay I do not have the room.

Nor do I want to spend all day on another alt made for holding more white officers trying to see if that character has what my main need for a starbase project.
Captain
# 134
05-23-2013, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
Because a quality of life exploit is still an exploit. And I have to imagine the amount of ether-stored stuff was wreaking havoc on the databases,.
You've got no idea WTF you're talking about. The asset tag used for an item you attach to a message is smaller than the text of the message. 5 attached items is likely smaller than 75 characters.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Rihannsu
# 135
05-23-2013, 08:59 AM
Quote:
I suspect its more about nobody buying slots after they found out there are no limits to Mail storage.
Romulans ...
You start your career off as a simple farmer... then you launch yourself into a galaxy filled with intrigue, power plays, and high stakes games of interstellar conflict, as your career careens upwards onto your final destination ... a level capped Dilithium and Fleet Mark Farmer!
Captain
# 136
05-23-2013, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
I suspect its more about nobody buying slots after they found out there are no limits to Mail storage.
I don't doubt that was a consideration

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
You've got no idea WTF you're talking about. The asset tag used for an item you attach to a message is smaller than the text of the message. 5 attached items is likely smaller than 75 characters.
And that might be relevant if people were only storing one mail's worth of items.
Lt. Commander
# 137
05-23-2013, 09:35 AM
This is a foolish and greedy change. 100 attachments is not high enough. They need to go back to the 500 mail limit. I have bought additional storage slots. I store commodities, ship repair components, and samples in my bank, because the system reads them being there and they are regularly needed.

I also store bound items there like the all but useless Phoenix & Crystal Shard pets. And, Borg Neural Processors, Lobi Crystals, Romulan Radiation Reports, and Glowing Plants. These should just be counted like Omega Marks. It's stupid and wasteful that we have to devote bank slots to them.

I like to keep my character inventory as clear as possible to pick up all of the loot from missions. I have to hold it until I can sell it at Earth Space Dock or the Exchange. I'm not interested in disposing at the Replicator for less energy credits. That leaves the mail for short and long term storage of items that I will need soon. Furthermore, I store commodities, components, samples, hypos, batteries, etc, that I use on a regular basis and replenish when they are running out.

How are mails counted that I sent to @handle? I did not specify a character so any of my characters could access it. Now, with this new hindsight, I wish I had not done that. Does that count as 100 for all them, or can I have 100 for each of them?

If we can't delete emails, then it's unfair to have a 500 mail limit. My inbox is piling up with item sold emails and item exchange sale expired emails (with no item attached).

If you want to sell more bank, inventory, and shared bank slots, LOWER THEIR PRICES! Also, increase the caps for those that want to purchase more slots.

Last edited by tarrennis; 05-23-2013 at 10:05 AM.
Captain
# 138
05-23-2013, 09:43 AM
Quote:
I don't doubt that was a consideration

And that might be relevant if people were only storing one mail's worth of items.
So do the math, it's not that hard. 500 messages with no text and 5 attachments (I'm assuming 16 chars per attachment) vs 500 messages with 250 characters in text box.

Think about it, when you email someone about an awesome video you saw on youtube, are you sending them the video or link to the video ? The in-game attachments are links, so very little space is actually used on the servers or your PC.

The issue here is it was done without warning / discussion or even acknowledgement that it was even done . I'm just hoping it's a bug connected with the other mail issue as I'm sure I'm not the only one who will lose hundreds of millions of EC if this is actually a stealth attachment grab. I've got cash purchases attached to some mail messages.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf

Last edited by lordmalak1; 05-23-2013 at 09:53 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 139
05-23-2013, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suiksaga View Post
This had better be a bug, because I have 8 alts that fund my mains for starbase projects and there is no way I have the time to search every alt to see if they have the doffs I need for a project for my mains, which is why I mail them out to myself, with a title description so I know what doff types they are.

its not a bug; its intentional; cryptics solution to your/our problem is buy more slots

see my 1st post on the thread here sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=695071
Lieutenant
# 140
05-23-2013, 11:13 AM
I can only hope this doesn't stick and greed and poor short sight of the implications for people with many alt would have by making this move, I spend money for unlocks all the time on my mains and alts.

However doffs especially doing the recruitment all my alts take up room and having to log on each alt to check if they have what I need for a project on one of my mains in a fleet is well unacceptable both in time and frustration...

I rather not even do it or move on to another game then deal with having to do that daily if cryptic continues to stick to its guns on this proposed stealth nerf.
Closed Thread