Captain
# 241
05-24-2013, 01:22 PM
Wow, they really screwed the players on this one, didn't they? And even more so the small fleet players.

Cryptic really has gone downhill these days.

For those of you not keeping track, the latest problem over in NW-land is that the morons at Cryptic decided to keep critical variables on the client instead of the server.
Starfleet Veteran
# 242
05-24-2013, 02:02 PM
Is the Mail delete even working yet?

Last night it still wasn't?!
Starfleet Veteran
# 243
05-24-2013, 02:04 PM
Just getting a look at this after seeing my mail. Thanks for jacking a bunch of items out of my hands. Granted, most of them were BOs. But where the heck do you intend us to store all this? I'm not made of money to throw at you so I can buy more space. I now have ZERO respect for any of you. Even more so now that you talk to your customers through a cheap social network site about ninja patches instead of on the forums. That's pathetic.
Formerly: Ally_of_the_Force/Now: A Ticked Off Customer
Member Since 10-2009/Murdered 6-2012
4 Year Veteran, Beta Tester 
NO TO ARC!!!
Captain
# 244
05-24-2013, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icsairguns View Post
trying to compare flying a free ship as intended with using mail as storage unintended is like apples and oranges.

they didn't give warning but have allowed for them to be retrieved, so they didn't steal your stuff. ( assuming its fixed) now deal with it. there was your warning that you were indeed exploiting the system.
Using the mail as it was originally intended to be used was never an exploit. If you were not a newblette you would know this.
Career Officer
# 245
05-24-2013, 02:12 PM
It should be noted that the only ones saying its an exploit are the trolls.
Captain
# 246
05-24-2013, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by donutsmasher View Post
It should be noted that the only ones saying its an exploit are the trolls.
Maybe it's not, but it was never intended to be a storage area.
In many MMO, they add a timer on mail to avoid this kind of situation. 100storage item on mail is already something big, and you should be very grateful.

It take a lot of bandwith to have every player with 100bank storage, expecially on a f2p, where you can simply make an account to store more (a basic account will store 200item minimum on mail, plus some in bank, that's a lot.).

I wouldn't be surprised if they add a timer later on, and ask you to remove the item from your mail before deletion.

Doing such thing may decrease the storage/character trade lag.
Career Officer
# 247
05-24-2013, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allyoftheforce View Post
Just getting a look at this after seeing my mail. Thanks for jacking a bunch of items out of my hands. Granted, most of them were BOs. But where the heck do you intend us to store all this? I'm not made of money to throw at you so I can buy more space. I now have ZERO respect for any of you. Even more so now that you talk to your customers through a cheap social network site about ninja patches instead of on the forums. That's pathetic.
Nail head...I would like you to meet hammer. That was the point, the money Lebowski.

It's not good P.R. to call something the "Buy more bank space" patch. Ooooooor......

Maybe the servers truly are so bad and loaded that everyone having massive emails clogging up space was log-jamming parts of the game. But seeing that this limit is in and the game is more unstable than I've seen it in years, I'm betting on the former.
Career Officer
# 248
05-24-2013, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erei1 View Post
Maybe it's not, but it was never intended to be a storage area.
In many MMO, they add a timer on mail to avoid this kind of situation. 100storage item on mail is already something big, and you should be very grateful.

It take a lot of bandwith to have every player with 100bank storage, expecially on a f2p, where you can simply make an account to store more (a basic account will store 200item minimum on mail, plus some in bank, that's a lot.).

I wouldn't be surprised if they add a timer later on, and ask you to remove the item from your mail before deletion.

Doing such thing may decrease the storage/character trade lag.
You had me going until the idea that we should be "grateful", lol. What you said makes sense overall but I don't need to be slapped in the face and then thank the one who did it.

I don't get why everyone is so eager to bow their heads these days. It seems like on nearly every level of American society, we thank those that do us wrong. (and while there may be a decent argument for why they did it, not telling anyone in a patch note is wrong, imo.)
Captain
# 249
05-24-2013, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lored2death View Post
Nail head...I would like you to meet hammer. That was the point, the money Lebowski.

It's not good P.R. to call something the "Buy more bank space" patch. Ooooooor......

Maybe the servers truly are so bad and loaded that everyone having massive emails clogging up space was log-jamming parts of the game. But seeing that this limit is in and the game is more unstable than I've seen it in years, I'm betting on the former.
Actually, my guess is that once Neverwinter launched (and that game has big time storage restrictions), they didn't want NW players using mail as storage too. So they implemented a limit. Since the mail system is shared across all Cryptic games, STO just got caught in the backblast.
Captain
# 250
05-24-2013, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lored2death View Post

The ONLY issue with the mail system is that nobody is making money off it.

ya think the servers are clogged now ? Just wait till all the mule accounts start being created. Wadda they gonna do then ? I.P./account matching ?
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
Closed Thread