Captain
# 261
05-24-2013, 03:21 PM
Well, all I can say is if they plan to stick to this new policy, then I'm going to cheese every bit of storage that I can.

Cryptic wants to start a fight over who can be cheaper, eh?

*cracks knuckles*
Starfleet Veteran
# 262
05-24-2013, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
BITE YOUR TONGUE !

I've been trying for weeks to get a working game, so don't give them ideas before I can retrieve my attachments.

I've already decided to make my new rom toon the designated account mule, until I get a few more accounts setup.
Probably a bad time to do so what with all the problems with the mail.
Captain
# 263
05-24-2013, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlaylierah View Post
Maybe they could just store the mail client-side...
Captain
# 264
05-24-2013, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlaylierah View Post

It's not really my problem, I've never had a desire or a need to run more than 1 toon, till now. 3 spares per account should give me the doff storage I need till they get their issues sorted. They created the problem, I'll work around it till they get it fixed. As long as attachment retrieval still works I may be able to salvage my lockbox ships and consoles I meant to equip my other toons with before one of their patched broke my game.

Client-side mail storage with game attachments is too easy to hack and exploit.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
Captain
# 265
05-24-2013, 03:31 PM
when it comes down to it.. here is what is ridiculous..
100 extra doffs are 725 zen.. its not even account wide.. just one char..
4 extra chars are 1065 zen.. you get 400 doffs with 4 extra chars.. plus bank space they have as well.
im sure 4 extra chars take up way more room then some attachments in an email.

see where im going with this.. the cost of doffs are outrageous.. specially since you need 100s of them to complete SB projects.

100 doff slot should be 100 zen.. they should give you a 1000 doff option for 1000 zen..

id be all over that.. prob on more then one char.

maybe they need to make an account wide 1000 attachment email option too? like the EC cap inc?

i hate that they make this game into a chore where i have to log in 12 chars to move doffs around to donate them.. its not like im not going to have 500 doffs.. they are going to be 5 chars instead in my mailbox.
[12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
[12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
Captain
# 266
05-24-2013, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post

Client-side mail storage with game attachments is too easy to hack and exploit.
It's a joke. They did something equally stupid in Neverwinter.
Starfleet Veteran
# 267
05-24-2013, 03:34 PM
I was about to sugest doing a few Fleet Missions, that will dry up your DOffs.
Captain
# 268
05-24-2013, 03:47 PM
I try to keep as much junk out of my mail as possible.Unless an item is worth saving and not worth taking up bank slot sure mail system is good idea but all so a bad idea as well i seen so many complaints about people accidentally deleting the mail they where saving.

Most of the time you get any thing it is complete junk.Any thing that is uncommon drops or common is worth selling at the vendor way fill up the mail system with uncommon items or common.

And like i said i would under stand if it was some thing like Mk XI or XII very rare or rare items.they are worth keeping some times.

I really hate hearing that little bleeping sound that the mail system makes.
Career Officer
# 269
05-24-2013, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirisee View Post
No, it should be noted that the only ones saying its not an exploit are the exploiters.

Still can't see how you just can't plain see that it was supposed to be a "Mail System" not a "Personal Bank System"...

Simple answer. Because they designed the system to allow me to send mails, with attachments, to myself. Not to another character on the same account, but specifically to myself.
Captain
# 270
05-24-2013, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarrennis View Post
I'm outraged at a 100 mail attachment limit per character. If Cryptic means to make it 100 mail attachments per account, that is insane! Why should anyone buy a character slot to further dilute their own mail storage?

Why can't someone official make an official comment giving the specifics of the limit and its intent?
You shouldn't buy character slots now; spreading the attachment limit out over multiple characters actually makes it better to create Silver mule accounts with one doffer/banker captain each. I spelled it out here at post #115. It's part of why I suggested a per character slot limit later on; if you actually got MORE per character slot rather than LESS... yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiksaga View Post
I can tell you the reason it is a stealth nerf is because they know it would of blown up far worse then it already has otherwise and people are still busy trying to pay their new romulan alt to realize what is going on.

But some that have notice somewhat think it is a bug that they are working on like the real mail deletion bug that is happening at the same time right now.
Oh, I am pretty sure it was intentional, I'd just like to pretend that the devs thought things out a little better than that. Then again, it is a US based company and we aren't always that great about thinking about broader implications of the things we do over here...
Closed Thread