Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,924
# 281
05-25-2013, 01:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarons9 View Post
that doff grinder was a very greedy move on their part..

who is going to pay so much to turn 5 whites into a green, then pay more to turn 5 greens in to a blue, and by the time you turn in 5 blues to get a purple you have spent like 20k dil for one purple doff that is random.

I'm curious what's the number of people who used that DOFF upgrade after they added the Dilithium Tax?
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!

New Crafting = It's not Crafting, is an overblown Reputation System.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 60
# 282
05-25-2013, 02:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
I'm curious what's the number of people who used that DOFF upgrade after they added the Dilithium Tax?
I used it once just to see what would happen. I wasn't really expecting anything special, but I thought perhaps the result would give me a doff with extra traits than usual. Since it was just random crap, I never did it again. I can't really think of anyone I know who actually does it. It's standard practice to tell newbies and your friends/fleet mates when they ask about doff recruitment at Klingon Academy/SF Academy to never use that particular one, since it's a complete waste of dilithium.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 286
# 283
05-25-2013, 04:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by breadandcircuses View Post
It is odd that they communicate more information on another company's site than they do their own, isn't it? To be entirely honest, though, that is not an isolated practice. The main failing this particular company has in that regard is that they don't actually have their own Twitter feeds either replicated, re-posted or imported on their main page; Turbine was always good about that, though lacking in other areas (obviously, I'm here and not there).
Love the handle, breadandcircuses...
Prime Minister Nayrok: Do not relax your security for an instant, Captain. He is extremely violent, and very cunning, as you already know.
Jean-Luc Picard: A matter of internal security: the age-old cry of the oppressor. The Hunted [3.11]
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 816
# 284
05-25-2013, 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by defcon1776 View Post
Love the handle, breadandcircuses...
Mostly chosen for the TOS episode, though of course the original Latin phrase holds a certain amount of amusement as well

Last edited by breadandcircuses; 05-25-2013 at 05:15 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,498
# 285
05-25-2013, 05:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
I'm curious what's the number of people who used that DOFF upgrade after they added the Dilithium Tax?
i'd be interested what the metrics say more so than what people say.

anybody who has a little bit of know how about the game will avoid it like plasma fire.

but there are plenty of noobs who may fall for the trap.

so the question really is, was more dilithium spend on it while it was priced lower, or now that it is priced as ridiculous as it is?

and i'd like to know if Cryptics metrics are event that precise to be able to tell how often people do that upgrinding stuff anyway.

I don't disagree that it was too cheap before, but they overcompensated as usual and now it is not worth it at all.

Says the dude who made the Doff Sheet and has bought 4000 DOff slots.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 77
# 286
05-25-2013, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
i'd be interested what the metrics say more so than what people say.

anybody who has a little bit of know how about the game will avoid it like plasma fire.

but there are plenty of noobs who may fall for the trap.

so the question really is, was more dilithium spend on it while it was priced lower, or now that it is priced as ridiculous as it is?

and i'd like to know if Cryptics metrics are event that precise to be able to tell how often people do that upgrinding stuff anyway.

I don't disagree that it was too cheap before, but they overcompensated as usual and now it is not worth it at all.

Says the dude who made the Doff Sheet and has bought 4000 DOff slots.
Interesting to get your take on that, being a long time doffer myself and contributor to your lovely work its always nice to hear your thoughts on the doff system.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 77
# 287
05-25-2013, 09:18 AM
Its always about the money, they almost always nerf thing for the money, like the trade up system for doffs was nerf for money, and you want to know what almost no one uses it anymore.

That is one of many examples of the nerfs usually stealth that they have done to try to get more money and in the process make the doff system or just plain playing that game that much more unenjoyable.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,251
# 288
05-25-2013, 09:47 AM
Not surprised Cryptic threw this in, they are always throwing in little sneaky features they know people won't like.

All they have done is shifted this from the mail to the exchange. People will just throw their items on the exchange for crazy prices like a million EC for a white duty officer for example to store them there until they need them.

I am not too worried about this feature as I only use the mail to store Breen BOFF's and Duty Officers waiting for fleet projects to open up. But I know many won't be impressed by this action I am not as it's the principle of the thing, Cryptic not being open and honest with their customers yet again. Out of all the gaming companies out there Cryptic doesn't have a good rep with their customers and things like this only enforce the view and opinion players have with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiksaga View Post
Its always about the money, they almost always nerf thing for the money, like the trade up system for doffs was nerf for money, and you want to know what almost no one uses it anymore.

That is one of many examples of the nerfs usually stealth that they have done to try to get more money and in the process make the doff system or just plain playing that game that much more unenjoyable.
Indeed I no longer get the requesting packs from the Personnel officer not do I grind officers up, it just isn't worth the dilithium. I know they are a business but they make loads of money off lock boxes, the packs they just released for the Romulans and an assortment of other things, yet they still want more and instead of making new quality content they just nerf and make cheap changes to try and kill the dilithium exchange or try to make people buy zen just to transfer into dilithium. Too much in this games needs dilithium these days.

Cryptic has in the last 12 months damaged the game a lot with such changes from cross faction consoles in lock boxes to these nerfs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"

Last edited by majesticmsfc; 05-25-2013 at 09:55 AM.
Ensign
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 17
# 289
05-25-2013, 10:43 AM
Its mail. not a bank. EVERY game has limited bank space, this is usually solved by having a bank toon, or if you really wanted to a bank starbase.

If you run out of space for items, you liquidate them. I fail to see the real problem here.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 421
# 290
05-25-2013, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnusthorne View Post
Its mail. not a bank. EVERY game has limited bank space, this is usually solved by having a bank toon, or if you really wanted to a bank starbase.

If you run out of space for items, you liquidate them. I fail to see the real problem here.
on principle I agree with you; but tell me how to reasonably liquidate the several hundred otherwise worthless doffs produced each day in order to produce the few dozen we need for starbases.

The unlimited mailbox was being abused, I do not disagree; however Cryptic decided to sneak in a 'fix' for that abuse without addressing the main reason that abuse was necessitated.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:56 AM.