Captain
# 301
05-26-2013, 04:27 PM
I asked them on twitter and the email limit is here to stay and the delete thing is a bug being looked at

When I asked a work round I was just told buy more slots are the mail isn't ment for storage so. . .
. . . . . . . . Insert witty content. . . . . .
Lieutenant
# 302
05-26-2013, 04:37 PM
WE CAN'T BUY MORE SLOTS, THEY DON'T LET US BUY MORE

400 doff slots is the max you can get, period. Bank slots are also limited on the number of purchases. Account wide storage is very expensive and also limited.There isn't enough storage options available for purchase for what this game pushes you to do.

Doffing is the biggest problem as the fixed number of slots are woefully inadquate during starbase construction. Opening hundreds of boxes to find those rare medical and security doffs leaves you overwhelmed with science and tactical doffs you can't deal with unless you have the mail. Add to it that a 100 mail slots is for all characters on an account so if you have 40 sales on multiple characters and they start expiring it will quickly overwhelm your mailbox denying your ability to recieve anything else.

They cut off what has been used for many years without any warning or ability to function with the existing tools. If they allowed unlimited purchases, it may be something although it would be a blantant money grab which would make me rethink future support as what would prevent them from eliminating ships or making torpedos require purchasable ammo (shoot did I give them ideas...) Instead they cut us off at the knees without any ability to play how we have been for months and years. It dramatically changes how we will have to play the game and greatly affects fleets ability to build their starbase.

Last edited by daedalus27; 05-26-2013 at 04:40 PM.
Captain
# 303
05-26-2013, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarrennis View Post
I was strongly considering the buying the lifetime subscription during the sale. But now, due to this mail issue, I will not be purchasing the lifetime subscription. I'm not getting a monthly subscription either. I will keep playing for free only. Cryptic's ploy to get me to spend more money has caused me to not spend $199.99. Cryptic can't make unilateral, unannounced changes without angering their customers. Any changes should have been officially disclosed. Changing the mail should have been announced well in advance. Cryptic can read our posts of confusion and outrage, but refuses to respond. In any RPG, no players like being "Rail Roaded." Stealth nerfs are bad for Cryptic's bottom line.
This, and also saved me the cost of extra character slots. I don't mind grinding dilithium and selling it for Zen, though they also make money off of that by setting dilithium costs high enough that folks are willing to pay real money to get things faster... still, they would get more out of me if they could just release a new season without borking something that was working fine for the players. Did the ability of every player to use the mail system to store doffs and lock boxes and other random items actually place any other player at a disadvantage?
Captain
# 304
05-26-2013, 04:45 PM
Free accounts are free.

Or we could have a sit in.

Gimme a STO!

STO!!

Gimme a RAGE!

RAGE!!

What do we want!

STO-RAGE!!
STO-RAGE!!
STO-RAGE!!
Captain
# 305
05-26-2013, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam3s1701 View Post
I asked them on twitter and the email limit is here to stay and the delete thing is a bug being looked at

When I asked a work round I was just told buy more slots are the mail isn't ment for storage so. . .
-from the 'other' 100 mail limit thread

Again, the devs are passing info about the mail system on another site instead of the OFFICIAL STO site.

Anyone else see a pattern here ?
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Community Moderator
# 306
05-26-2013, 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
-from the 'other' 100 mail limit thread

Again, the devs are passing info about the mail system on another site instead of the OFFICIAL STO site.

Anyone else see a pattern here ?
Most likely because someone was directly tweeted and it popped up on their phone so they replied. It's a lot easier to reply that way quickly while you're out and about waiting for something (like I check my twitter when i'm pumping gas) than to load up the forums, go into the forums find things to read then read the entire thing then post. By the time I even probably read half the thread my gas would be done and I'd be off and running
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Career Officer
# 307
05-26-2013, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
Most likely because someone was directly tweeted and it popped up on their phone so they replied. It's a lot easier to reply that way quickly while you're out and about waiting for something (like I check my twitter when i'm pumping gas) than to load up the forums, go into the forums find things to read then read the entire thing then post. By the time I even probably read half the thread my gas would be done and I'd be off and running

The point being we shouldn't have had to go to twitter and ask, they should have made an official post on the forums, hell it wasn't even in the patch notes. That lack of respect for customers is astounding.

Sig by my better half.

Last edited by donutsmasher; 05-26-2013 at 10:51 PM.
Lieutenant
# 308
05-26-2013, 11:58 PM
I grow tired of the treatment from cryptic, like today we had a major upgrade project in one of my fleets asking for 1000 doff officers needed yet with this new change people in my fleet are struggling to be able to fill thanks to the limits imposed.

Again they force people to make alt accounts or alt character slots that are jut used for hold 400 random white officers so we can have storage, I feel the greed is sickening.

Instead of coming up with a solid system to help us with our fleet doff storage needs for projects they are trying to milk us even more by nerfing something that has been in game since release.

All I can say is sooner or later there will be a all out outcry because they stealth nerfed this and also more and more people are catching on they will either cave a bit or make a official announcement sooner or later due to the lack of intelligent management.

As another person stated earlier in the forums this can not be good for cryptics bottom line, in that I whole hearty agree.

I will keep speaking up and maybe people will soon realize that crpytic is up to its old games yet again..

Not hard considering that the mail system is broken on top of the new very crippling mail system, on my main account its horrible I have 10 characters now and 100 mail items is far from even remotely reasonable both with sales and excess doffs.

Last edited by suiksaga; 05-27-2013 at 12:10 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 309
05-27-2013, 09:14 AM
For the person that stated the mail is 100 attachments per account, so 33 each if 3 characters, has this been tested?

When they say buy more bank space, not everything can be stored in the bank. Such as DOFFs or BOFFs.

When they say people are storing too much in mail, not everything can be stored in mail. Such as Bound items. Also, it's more convenient to store commodities, samples, and repair parts in the bank where the system can use them as needed.

I still want to know why I have to waste bank slots on Borg Neural Processors and similar items. These can be stored like Omega Marks as a number.

I have been selling items to reduce what is stored in mail, but for each sale I get an item sold mail that further clogs my mail, and I can't delete any messages.
Lieutenant
# 310
05-27-2013, 03:16 PM
Yes, this really is an outrage.

In-game mail is the only in-game tool that allows the transfer of certain items such as duty officers and bridge officers. These items cannot be stored in bank slots.

The idea that they would cap this without providing some other method of moving these commodities around is very insulting.

If you are playing multiple toons (as I am) then you generate a large number of duty officers and the 100 attachment limit can fill up in a little time as 1 day. Not counting criticals, when duty officer assignments come due you can end up with 21 new duty officers all at once (actually it is even more for Romulan Characters- another 13 on top of that).

I have paid Zen for 16 extra character slots, plus I have the three free ones, one for each faction. So at one time I could generate as much as 400 doffs at once, none of which are necessarily immediately useable. Mail is currently the only tool that can handle them, and now it is broken.

I enjoy playing the type of game I have been playing, but mail is the only thing that has made it possible. I have spent well over 15,000 Zen in this game. I paid for it and PWE has no business telling me that I am having wrongbadfun playing it that way.

I consider this a grievous breach of trust and it may end up ruining the game for me.

Peet
Closed Thread