Rihannsu
# 321
05-29-2013, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
I gotta better idea:

Put the mail limit back to the way it was pre-LoR, compress all messages with attachments into a single file on exit from mail terminal and store the file client side and generate a checksum, then store the checksum on the account server. This will free up the space on cryptic servers they seem to think they need and with a server stored checksum it should ensure the client-side stored message file doesn't get tampered with. On opening the mail from the ingame mail terminal the file is decompressed on the client computer provided the checksums match.

So what if it takes a couple of minutes to decompress a large stored file on the clients computer, the solution would be to decrease the size of the file, and totally in the control of the player.
That wouldn't work....
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 322
05-29-2013, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
That wouldn't work....
I didn't say it was a perfect idea as portability of messages would be lost, but anything ATM would be an improvement. The mail system is so hosed right now I'm afraid to even open it up or post anything on the exchange because stuff might get lost.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $30 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Lt. Commander
# 323
05-29-2013, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
I didn't say it was a perfect idea as portability of messages would be lost, but anything ATM would be an improvement. The mail system is so hosed right now I'm afraid to even open it up or post anything on the exchange because stuff might get lost.
Agreed, I havent sold a thing. I am waiting for this to get fixed.

The Ninja Nerfs with each new season is getting beyond old.
Locutus

Delirium Tremens
Tier 4 Starbase, Tier 3 Embassy
http://dtfleet.com/
Career Officer
# 324 Lifer And Not Pleased
05-29-2013, 07:58 AM
Unlimited mailacess for life means unlimited not unlimited until someone decides its inconveniant for them...If its a storage issue make the F2P horde pay to store extra mail or allow lifers more bankslots and makedoffs stackable by class I have maxed out my bankslots across several alts and having my mailnerfed is second only to the pinappleenema the serve in adam sandlers version of hell
Career Officer
# 325
05-29-2013, 08:34 AM
Just make unlimited mail a benefit of LTS, that'd work for me.
Sometimes I think I play STO just to have stuff to rant about on the forums!

Lt. Commander
# 326
05-29-2013, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dracounguis View Post
Just make unlimited mail a benefit of LTS, that'd work for me.
I agree. I was considering getting a LTS, but then this nerf happened.

But now, i may suspend my Gold membership and just upgrade the specific options I need and not fill as invested to the game and lack of development process and outages.

Thanks
Locutus

Delirium Tremens
Captain
# 327
05-29-2013, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Did it EVER say unlimited attachments? I think not....
Since they didn't qualify it with an exclusion, unlimited included unlimited attachments.
Lt. Commander
# 328
05-29-2013, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elessym View Post
Since they didn't qualify it with an exclusion, unlimited included unlimited attachments.
One of my big issues....they didnt disclose/publish the change before release
Locutus

Delirium Tremens
Lieutenant
# 329
05-29-2013, 12:13 PM
If we take the twitter announcement as final, the 100 mail attachment limit is here to stay. We then need to find solutions to the storage issue many of us have. I would prefer the old limit was still in place, but if that is out, the 3 part solution I posted above would help meet the players storage needs while offering perfect world additional revenue. I hesitate to call it a win-win as players are forced to pay for something that was given, but at least it motivates the change on the developers end.
Career Officer
# 330
05-29-2013, 01:40 PM
The only way to survive in STO, TRADE!!!!
Even now that is not possible!!!
It is a shame that it has come to this, shame for all the other players, that try to survive in the EC-world!!!
Because this is the only way to make some EC's

In other words, The crisis is gonna happen in STO allso!!!

I have a mailbox that does'nt DELETE the old ones, try to fix that, for a change!!!!
Closed Thread