Captain
# 401
06-04-2013, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
This wasn't a stealth nerf; this was emergency maintenance. The mail system was being broken, and that breaking was affecting other things.

And those of you who were abusing the mail system for free item storage KNEW you were doing something unintended, and thus knew eventually the free ride would come to a stop. There is an easy solution to the "problem" of having too many white doffs:

Lower your Exchange prices for them. They'll sell, prices will come down, and people won't feel the need to store them anymore because they'll be plentiful in the Exchange. Put the EC in your fleet bank, and let your officers use it to buy the doffs they need for the fleet projects. Or keep the EC yourself, and buy the doffs for your fleet.

This will work if there's a limit on storage, which there now is. Now the market needs to adjust, which will take time. It'll take less time if you help it instead of fighting it.
That's hogwash ghost, this 'fix' came as part of LoR and NOT part of any emergency maintenance done to the system. As well NO official confirmation that this was done at all nor any patch notes is even more disturbing as the company seems to be trying to slip this by us hoping we wont notice. ONLY an unofficial twitter post confirms this 'nerf' is by design. I don't know what Cryptics game is here but as an IT guy I can assure you it's not to address server space used by their mail system unless their mail system is that poorly written.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
Career Officer
# 402
06-04-2013, 10:56 AM
I'm surprised. Some of you have been here long enough to remember what they did last time the mail system was getting into this state; they purged people's mail.

How quickly folks forget.
Lt. Commander
# 403
06-04-2013, 11:15 AM
Quote:
I'm surprised. Some of you have been here long enough to remember what they did last time the mail system was getting into this state; they purged people's mail.

Geez

I guess you cant fix stupid.

I would get fired for such a rash move.
Locutus

Delirium Tremens
Tier 4 Starbase, Tier 3 Embassy
http://dtfleet.com/
Ensign
# 404
06-04-2013, 11:23 AM
The Solution for the so called problem makes no sence.

If you want to prevent mail be?ng used as a bank make sure items wil be automatically deteled after 30 day's or something. You don't go like hmm let cap the number of items someone can recieve. Because you will still allow (small) longe time storage space while at the same time limit players who have a big mail item flow.

So don't sove a problem by creating another...and think before you act.
Captain
# 405
06-04-2013, 11:25 AM
Quote:

Heh, why stop there ? Eliminate the mail system completely, and while your at it eliminate the exchange. Then you'll be FORCED to buy a subscription if you want to give one of your other toons a shield if he doesn't already have one. Both use the same asset tag for items and by eliminating both systems their supposed server storage issues disappear overnight.

Go big or go home.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
Lieutenant
# 406
06-04-2013, 12:18 PM
Quote:

All I can do with this is facepalm.......
Empire Veteran
# 407
06-04-2013, 12:27 PM
why do I feel like they had I community moderator respond so this thread would not show up on the DEV tracker?

I'll have to re-edit my original post yet again, before a 'white knight' comes and says this guy doesnt work for cryptic

Meaning: we still have no official reply on this topic by cryptic except a single twitter
Survivor of Romulus
# 408
06-04-2013, 12:56 PM
Yes, Mail should not be use as unlimited storage. But You forcing us to do this. I have All of my characters maxed out on both bank, inventory and doff space. You not letting me purchase more. I have to open 400 fleet science boxes to get 90 Medical Doffs. It is 310 DOFF slots i do not have anymore and it only for ONE project.
Then it is Data samples. For some of us who still craft ( yes i know). Why 250 stock ? Why Defera data samples stock only to 99?
Why Regenerations, hypos, charges, batteries stock to 20? You have to keep stocks and stocks of them in bank or go back to Vendors/exchange all the time.
This is complex game much more complex,than it was even two years ago. You are creating more and more staff for us to collect and use . Do not get me wrong we are grateful for this, but You adding staff on one side and not creating enough storage space, instead you took it away.

Solutions
Remove mail attachment limit.
Create Storage bin for DOFFs/Pets. Increase stock size of everything. Let us purchase more bank space/inventory/doff slots.
Lt. Commander
# 409
06-04-2013, 01:07 PM
If you REALLY (REALLY??) had to cap the number of things in a character's mail, it is grossly unfair to do it when we are unable to delete and claim things out of the mail. I have about a dozen officers in the mail that I can't pick up, not due to lack of doff space, and I have tried with all my toons, they are stuck. They are buried under item sold notices, expired sale notices, and stuff that makes a grocery store bulletin board look organized. The haphazard way the mail works now needs to be fixed before you try to implement any other changes, THEN we'll discuss the "abuse of the mail system for storage".
"Susse-thrai" had been the name bestowed upon her, half in anger, half in affection, by her old crew on Bloodwing; the keen-nosed, cranky, wily old she-beast, never less dangerous than when you thought her defenseless, and always growing new teeth far back in her throat to replace the old ones broken in biting out the last foe's heart.
Romulans: left one homeworld, lost another, third time's the charm?
Survivor of Remus
# 410
06-04-2013, 01:21 PM
Quote:

What do you think will happen if they do?Do you think it will go over well with existing players?Do you think that potential player/customers will invest in a game that at random will delete things they worked hard for or bought with Zen a.k.a money?

A very dangerous statement....
Closed Thread