Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Graphical and Sound Issues
Login

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 164
# 41
05-25-2013, 06:48 PM
I do not know if it is just coincidence or if something else pushed through settings-wise, but it seems like the popping is more obnoxious today since the maintenance patch. Just following up here.
Fazemladaiya - proven to be THE friendliest guy on the gaming forums.
My Graphic Design Specs. Gaming computer specs coming soon once she is built.
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 272
# 42
05-25-2013, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fazemladaiya View Post
I do not know if it is just coincidence or if something else pushed through settings-wise, but it seems like the popping is more obnoxious today since the maintenance patch. Just following up here.
ARGH!!

I can't play this crap with that pop unless I turn sounds completely off. That defeats the purpose. I'll be playing something else until this garbage is fixed.
These forums suck. ~Omega X
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,210
# 43
05-25-2013, 10:22 PM
Same problem here with a Logitech G35.
__________________________________
STO Forum member since before February 2010.
STO Academy's excellent skill planner here: Link
I actually avoid success entirely. It doesn't get me what I want, and the consequences for failure are slim. -- markhawman
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 29
# 44
05-26-2013, 01:30 PM
I'm having this same issue on the Razer 7.1 Megalodon Headset. (for w/e my post is worth >.>)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 153
# 45
05-26-2013, 01:38 PM
I'm still having this bug. I'm using a pair of Corsair Vengeance 1500 Dolby 7.1 Gaming Headset. I would like to point out that I didn't have this bug before the expansion. I turned my in game sound off, but I still hear the crackling.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,054
# 46
05-26-2013, 02:00 PM
I keep hearing this also.
Ensign
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 20
# 47
05-27-2013, 09:23 AM
Been having this keep reoccur, I have no clue whats causing it.
its not my headset, as this only occurs during STO.

Its also something that likes to vanish at random.

Not sure what to do about it. I can find next to nothing on troubleshooting.
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 272
# 48
05-27-2013, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neyari View Post
Been having this keep reoccur, I have no clue whats causing it.
its not my headset, as this only occurs during STO.

Its also something that likes to vanish at random.

Not sure what to do about it. I can find next to nothing on troubleshooting.
Its the game. Bug Cryptic to hell to get it fixed.
These forums suck. ~Omega X
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 223
# 49
05-27-2013, 01:28 PM
They have had sound issues with every patch from a couple of seasons ago. Mind you, this isn't ANYTHING like it has been in the past. Before it was continuous obnoxious sounds.

Anyone who was here for when "of bajor" released will know what I am talking about. It has something to do with the sound mapping for simulated 7.1 headsets.

Here is a video of the event...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mipMlVg8o5U

=/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
Website | Fleet Charter | Mission Statement | Forums | Join | F.A.Q.
Joined: Oct/2008
Original Handle: the_orig_jean_luc_picard
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 164
# 50
05-27-2013, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blznfun View Post
They have had sound issues with every patch from a couple of seasons ago. Mind you, this isn't ANYTHING like it has been in the past. Before it was continuous obnoxious sounds.

Anyone who was here for when "of bajor" released will know what I am talking about. It has something to do with the sound mapping for simulated 7.1 headsets.

Here is a video of the event...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mipMlVg8o5U
Actually that popping is more like what I am hearing everywhere now, regardless of location.

As you stated, this has happened in releases before, and I do remember this from Of Bajor. But in this release there's no place that's safe.

That is a REALLY obnoxious sound though, and this video reflects more of how I feel than the other video. Like I said . . . someone constantly popping bubble wrap in your eardrum drives you crazy after a very short time of gaming on here now.

I know Brandon stated he forwarded the other video and this thread to QA, but I'd really love to get an official response on here as to if they really are looking into this and if it is being considered seriously. I think a lot of us would appreciate that from a customer service point of view. I'd happily open a trouble ticket, but I am one of those souls who has been perma-blocked from the PWE support system by that "infinite loop" bug when logged in.
Fazemladaiya - proven to be THE friendliest guy on the gaming forums.
My Graphic Design Specs. Gaming computer specs coming soon once she is built.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:07 PM.