Ensign
So I played this game a couple years ago, just came back to play it again. Currently Im F2P and am thinking about upgrading to P2P cuz Im really digging this game.

Here's the thing though, I read up on some of the "perks" of P2P and there really doesn't seem to be much of a difference, or rather enough of one to make the 15 bucks a month worth it. I know I supposedly get bumped up in the queues when there are queues, but today is the first day Ive run into that problem and being P2P doesn't seem to be helping anyone out.

So here's my question (finally)... is it really worth it for me to upgrade and why? Do I get any of the ships and uniforms I see for sale for Zen for free instead? Or will I still have to buy them separate? Seems stupid to pay for a game and still have to pay extra for content... but that's just my opinion.

Im lookin for some STO vets to help me out here, thanks in advance.
Ensign
# 3
05-21-2013, 09:51 PM
Thanks for the reply. I had only seen 1 of the three of those threads. Still seems like it would be cheaper just to stay F2P and buy as I wanted, but easier just to P2P. Guess Ill see what happens. Thanks again.
Captain
# 4
05-22-2013, 12:52 AM
It's very very much wroth subing for at least 1 month. You permanently get extra inventory and bank slots, you get the max cash upgrade, and you get 500 zen back out of it. If you have character who level up while you're subbed you also get retrain tokens.

the truth is that Cryptic on all their games make a very fun and playable free version. There are lots of good things to buy also, but the free version is a great game all by itself. Unlike a lot of the competition.

So yes, you really can have fun as a silver, but I strongly recommend subbing for one month. Especially if you get a character to 50 in that month.