Lt. Commander
# 21
01-18-2010, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPoddington View Post
thank god for the scanning additions it leaves me to believe the Devs have chaeck out this thread

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=59035

some really really good things in there, you guys have really been working hard. Congrats i can't wait to try all this stuff out

you have truely earnt the $239 i paid for my lifetime sub
Scanning has been a major concern since early Closed Beta. They've probably been working on it for a while.

Most things they don't tell us if they are working on it if they aren't sure the feature is going to make it for launch but it looks like this one will!
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-18-2010, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venture-1
I already hit the level cap, there's really nothing I can do with this now until it goes up. I imagine a lot of people are in the same situation. If the cap isn't being raised for another week then you really won't have much of a problem with server load....
try a different class, roll a klingon?
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-18-2010, 12:03 PM
Thank you so much for this update. It's heartening to hear of action being taken to improve the game this close to release, where most other companies would be packing up early and hitting the bars.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-18-2010, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.M.H. View Post
I think he means this coming week. It's a common mistake even I make.
Well it says "next week" and its posted on the 18th being the first day of this week, so unless they bump everyone to Commander at midnight the 25th, theres simply not going to be enough time for anyone to rank up the last LCDR ranks and get to Commander and start testing the T3 content.

And as the news states a lot of the stuff thats come up in Open Beta was stuff that couldn't have possibly have been foreseen in closed beta where people did get some T3 and beyond content testing in.

48 hours to test the T3 content is not enough time if we have to get to Commander from LCDR6, given the rate of play most people have it will take that 48 hours just to get to Commander as it is.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-18-2010, 12:04 PM
Quick update guys, The level cap will be removed this week, not next week. Posts have been updated to reflect this.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-18-2010, 12:04 PM
We expect the patch (and the level cap removal) to come out THIS week.*

You should have plenty of time to stress what we release.

(Wrote the SoTG sometime between Friday and Saturday... time is all kinda weird right now. )

-Zn

*Darn - I just broke the first rule about patches: You dont' talk about patches. Hopefully I didn't jinx it. Stahl's gonna have a fit... : )
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-18-2010, 12:05 PM
Lots of stuff about right now (especially the level cap, which needs to be gone NOW), but nothing to give hope for the future, nothing beyond iterative "what you see right now will be made less bad" stuff. We REALLY need some big picture, three, six, twelve month goals on how the game is intended to grow.
Lt. Commander
# 28
Thank you....was confused by that.
Lt. Commander
# 29
Thanks for the update. Very pleased to see UI improvements coming, to echo what's above its great to see such enhancements being added right up to the gate.

Pleased as well that demand exceeded expectations, I think it bodes well.
Lt. Commander
# 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Quick update guys, The level cap will be removed this week, not next week. Posts have been updated to reflect this.

Thanks,

Stormshade

Very cool!