Lt. Commander
# 11
01-19-2010, 11:24 PM
Mate, its a beta. Ive played some too, and even warhammer got that problem, weeks AFTER RELEASE

On the other side, there exists a Dev Sticky about that....
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-19-2010, 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braxiatel View Post
Some are saying that Cryptic is running stress tests. I personally dont believe that in the least, I think they are in one big rush to put out this game; a lot of the problems that people are having are really closed beta problems not, two weeks before release, open beta problems.

Here's to you finding the solution to your problem.
Its funny... I saw the exact same posts when I was beta testing Fallen Earth...
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-19-2010, 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falke1976 View Post
Mate, its a beta. Ive played some too, and even warhammer got that problem, weeks AFTER RELEASE

On the other side, there exists a Dev Sticky about that....
I'm happy to be proven wrong mate, but you are going to need to show me where there is a post about STO being uplayable because of network issues and constant "SERVER NOT RESPONDING" messages... I have been through these forums and can find no references to my specific set of issues.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-20-2010, 01:37 AM
Spig, I am getting the exact same issues as you here in Oz. The game is just unplayable. During my last session last night it took 15 minutes just to login and warp out of Sol. From memory it was 8 Logins, server not responding, lost connection - rinse and repeat. I was able to get to Pellme system with only about 5 Server not responding messages and 2 disconnects. I was about to do the mission in Pellme lag free - no issues at all. Warp out - BAM! Disconnect!

Got the ***** and logged.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-20-2010, 03:22 AM
http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=69603

there it is, and you can read it within the launcher...
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-20-2010, 04:25 AM
All the new servers will not help if the problem is your ISP traffic managent setup delaying the packets or blocking the ports or from one of the ISP routing partners.

(Universities do block non standard ports) .
do a tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com to see which routers your path hops through.

run nettest to check your ports to the server.

Nettest:
Go to files.champions-online.com/nettest.exe
Download this file and run it
A command prompt should appear running the test automatically
Do alt prtscn (besure the nettest windows is the active window) to Copy and paste the results in paint and save as jpeg and attach it in a post in this forum
Good results have column 1 and 3 with values around 300- 500kb/sec, column 2 with 20kb/sec

If the numbers are less or you get time outs then something is filtering or blocking the ports to the server.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-20-2010, 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PegasusMD
All the new servers will not help if the problem is your ISP traffic managent setup delaying the packets or blocking the ports or from one of the ISP routing partners.

(Universities do block non standard ports) .
do a tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com to see which routers your path hops through.

run nettest to check your ports to the server.

Nettest:
Go to files.champions-online.com/nettest.exe
Download this file and run it
A command prompt should appear running the test automatically
Do alt prtscn (besure the nettest windows is the active window) to Copy and paste the results in paint and save as jpeg and attach it in a post in this forum
Good results have column 1 and 3 with values around 300- 500kb/sec, column 2 with 20kb/sec

If the numbers are less or you get time outs then something is filtering or blocking the ports to the server.
It's mor likely to be server problems, which theyve admitted and are fixing, and the OP's low end graphics card.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-20-2010, 05:08 PM
Thanks to everyone for their hints an help....

I believe I know what the source on my issues are, and I am happy to reprot that they are not related to the game itself or my PC rig.

If you are experiencing any of the issues I have described in the posts above, then try setting the Proxy to 'EU' on the Options menu of the Launcher. This appears to have worked for me, and I am now able to continue testing.