Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 11
01-18-2010, 05:13 PM
My game crashes every single time my captain appears in space in place of her ship. I've just been chalking it up to her dying in the vacuum of space: curse you, guardian of forever!
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-18-2010, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maladryne View Post
Since yesterday, pretty much every time I beam up from anywhere, I get the "no ship in space", and crash to desktop.
Same here. I didn't crash before, but now it does. Very disappointing, makes me lose confidence in wanting to land.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-18-2010, 05:24 PM
If on Away team and the 'team' is missing, type the command /fillpetteamlist

Might take 15-20 seconds to respond, but the team usually shows up, all of them right on top of where you're standing.

But yeah -- today, every time I beam up, I'm a person in space, then the control bars seem to glitch (showing white and gray squares), then the client crashes. Before today, I never had my client crash, not once. Today? 4 beam-outs, four crashes.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-18-2010, 09:42 PM
Here is a half-assed work around.

when you get a comm saying to beam down but before you pick your crew be ready. As soon as you pikc beam down accept your crew right away, don't delay. I have a much better successful beamdown doing this (The bug will still happen but much less). When beaming up as soon as you are in space hit full speed (Not full impulse) and start turning this when I am a person in space seems to so far not crash me and eventually it changes and the mission continues.

This is based on my observation and I don't ensure success but its been working for me.