Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Romulan Gameplay
Login

Republic Veteran
# 11
05-22-2013, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diotw View Post
once I get enough BOFFs of my own to fill my away team, and have a BOFF for each ship slot, Tovan will have his military uniform and equipment taken from him, be discharged from the Imperial fleet, and be given some civilian rags to wear in his new role as the ship's Sanitation Technician.
So, you're essentially making him Dave Lister?
Captain
# 12
05-22-2013, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtk142 View Post
Pretty much! Except chicken soup machine repair is too good for Tovan, so he gets toothbrush toilet bowl cleaning duty for taking over my character's story, and daring to order his superior officer around. Personally, I think that's lenient treatment. If my character was still serving on his Dominion War era warbird (he's the oldest character I have), Tovan would probably have been shot by now.

This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
Rihannsu
# 13
05-22-2013, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtk142 View Post
But not with any cool heroic alternate reality versions of himself either!
Republic Veteran
# 14
05-22-2013, 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diotw View Post
Pretty much! Except chicken soup machine repair is too good for Tovan, so he gets toothbrush toilet bowl cleaning duty for taking over my character's story, and daring to order his superior officer around. Personally, I think that's lenient treatment. If my character was still serving on his Dominion War era warbird (he's the oldest character I have), Tovan would probably have been shot by now.
I mean Tovan does seem like an ok guy and all, but can't we just reassign him to somebody who wants him around?
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
05-22-2013, 10:57 PM
At least we should be able to discharge him when we reach level 50.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Rihannsu
# 16
05-22-2013, 11:03 PM
I understand the complaints that he acts like he's more in charge, I've seen the same type of thing in other games, like bridge commander, it's just the cost of having a silent protagonist. It's just the way that this type of story has to work. I don't mind if he takes charge, the tutorial kinda gave me the impression that he outranked the player character in the colony's militia anyway.
Captain
# 17
05-22-2013, 11:18 PM
The biggest problem I have with Tovan is that, by the time you've started getting in to the Romulan storyline, it feels less like you're playing your character's story, and more like you're playing 'Legacy of Romulus; The Tovan Khev story! With special guest star, the Player Character!'

The fact that they've locked so much about him is also annoying. As a personal thing, I name all my BOFFs as their rank, and then their last name. So my Federation character's First Officer is named Marya Nubia Dye in her long name, but her displayed name is Commander Dye. I can't do that with Tovan, so on Tribble I had an away team of Subcommander Satra, Centurion Nevel, Uhlan Havraha, and Tovan Khev. If he's too good to wear the rank I give him, then I don't have to give him rank.

This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
Lieutenant
# 18
05-23-2013, 06:22 AM
I stuffed him into my torpedo tube and fired him at an enemy.
Career Officer
# 19
05-23-2013, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pweistheworst View Post
away team and he pops up anyway as if he was part of the away team ... or WORSE, Tovan's voice comes out of the mouth of another BOff who is on the away team.
I had to have a chuckle when I saw this happen last night. Up popped my Liberated Borg Boff and out came Torvans voice.... I thought "Cool! This ex-Borg does impressions as well!!"
Admiral Rednall
* Server Hamster - This time it's personal *
Ensign
# 20
05-23-2013, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyxadrill View Post
I had to have a chuckle when I saw this happen last night. Up popped my Liberated Borg Boff and out came Torvans voice.... I thought "Cool! This ex-Borg does impressions as well!!"
Exact same happened to me. I was confused at first thinking, wow they have put in generic voice for any officer until I swiftly realised my Borg Boff had committed identify fraud and stolen Tovan's identity.

Having generic male and female voices could solve a-lot of this Tovan rage quite easily I think. So you can select who plays 'your Tovan'.