Lieutenant
# 1 A oldie question
05-27-2013, 02:10 AM
So i havent been playing for a while now and i have a silly question...

I bought the wrong class ship with my "free ship" card and now im stuck in a D'Deridex as a tactical officer which plane old sucks.

So i wanted out of it and i had my eye on some other (Klingon) ship that seems to be fine for me till i reach lvl40.

Now the problem is last i played i could still buy ships like that for ingame credit. Now it seems to be dilithium?

Anyone mind explaining what changed really ? And how da ... am i supposed to get like 80.000 dilithium (refined?) at level 31... ?
Captain
# 2
05-27-2013, 03:36 AM
What really changed? The game went free to play, and if what I have read is correct that is when the ships went from EC to dilithium

You can move dilithium between characters using the dil exchange. Offer the lowest amount of dil per zen, which is 25 and then set the amount of zen to get the dil you need to move and place offer. Change character, go to dil exchange, cancel offer and withdraw the dilithium.
Lieutenant
# 3
05-27-2013, 03:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by decronia View Post
What really changed? The game went free to play, and if what I have read is correct that is when the ships went from EC to dilithium

You can move dilithium between characters using the dil exchange. Offer the lowest amount of dil per zen, which is 25 and then set the amount of zen to get the dil you need to move and place offer. Change character, go to dil exchange, cancel offer and withdraw the dilithium.
I played after the game has gone F2P and at that point i was still able to buy "normal" non C-Store ships for energy credits.

The heck am i supposed to get 80.000 refined dilithium for a lvl30 ship? Thats just insane! 100% sure it wasnt like that when i played like ... 7-8 months ago.
Career Officer
# 4
05-27-2013, 04:03 AM
You are mistaken.. It was like that
Captain
# 5
05-27-2013, 04:05 AM
I started playing when they game went free to play. I read the wiki about ships being available for credits I went to the sellers and they cost dilithium. The only ships I could by for EC were a couple of shuttle craft.
Lieutenant
# 6
05-27-2013, 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by decronia View Post
I started playing when they game went free to play. I read the wiki about ships being available for credits I went to the sellers and they cost dilithium. The only ships I could by for EC were a couple of shuttle craft.
I started playing in closed beta. And i preordered afaik yes it was for EC but i believe i bought my Klink ships for something like 7-10 months ago for EC. I never had any dilithium to buy anything with anyway. And the dilithium i had vent into a few master keys for box's

Anyway ... mind linking me to a good dilithium grind thread or sorts ?
Captain
# 7
05-27-2013, 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksharkulla View Post
Now the problem is last i played i could still buy ships like that for ingame credit. Now it seems to be dilithium?

Anyone mind explaining what changed really ? And how da ... am i supposed to get like 80.000 dilithium (refined?) at level 31... ?
You're still at Captain? Don't worry about it since you'll get a new ship when you get to Rear Admiral. That'll happen roughly... Tomorrow some time given the leveling speed. Just change your tactics until you power through.

There are dozens of ways to get dilithium. The fastest ways are the mining, the Academy events, Starbase 24, playing a featured Foundry mission, and I think one of the PvP zones. (But I don't pay much attention to PvP and that may have been nerfed.)

If you use the Dilithium Exchange trick, you can move dilthium from all of your captains to the one you feel needs it the most.

If you want to buy ships for EC, go the the player exchange and buy a Mirror ship (cheap) or one of the cross faction ships(expensive to very expensive) when you get to RA rank.
# 8
05-27-2013, 05:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twg042370 View Post
You're still at Captain? Don't worry about it since you'll get a new ship when you get to Rear Admiral. That'll happen roughly... Tomorrow some time given the leveling speed. Just change your tactics until you power through.

There are dozens of ways to get dilithium. The fastest ways are the mining, the Academy events, Starbase 24, playing a featured Foundry mission, and I think one of the PvP zones. (But I don't pay much attention to PvP and that may have been nerfed.)

If you use the Dilithium Exchange trick, you can move dilthium from all of your captains to the one you feel needs it the most.

If you want to buy ships for EC, go the the player exchange and buy a Mirror ship (cheap) or one of the cross faction ships(expensive to very expensive) when you get to RA rank.
My Fed and Klingon are top level with a exploration cruiser and a Chel Gret . My Romulan is a commander but i guess only till i get 3 more levels. Kinda annoying and boring but i got like 6 levels in my Mogai. Then ima get a fancy new ship xD

Guess ima save up and grind money on my Fed so i can get a ship off the exchange.

Thank you for your help m8! Much apreciated

Last edited by darksharkulla; 05-27-2013 at 05:36 AM.