Ensign
Hi everyone,

I'm a casual player and I can only fit in a maximum of few missions a day. I've got my Reman and I would really like to get one of the Borg Adapted ships so I bought 100 Master Keys with the hope of either geting the lockboxed ship or enough Lobi Crystals to get the Lobi Store ship. My concern though is time. Can anyone advise me as whether they think I be able to get enough game time in to get enough lockboxes before the lockbox is discontinued and the Lobi Store ship is removed?

Ta for any responses.
Captain
# 2
05-22-2013, 07:09 PM
The lock boxes usually last for a few months, but it is hard to say whether you will have enough time to get enough lock boxes in that amount of time.

However, it is my understanding that Lobi items do not expire. So even if you don't get the 100 boxes to go with your keys (which I think should be enough for the 800 lobi the store ships usually are, but don't quote me on that) with the Tal Shiar boxes, The Lobi ship should still be there during whatever the next box is.
Ensign
# 3
05-22-2013, 07:13 PM
Well you can buy a package of 20 lock boxes for 200 dilithium at the dilithium store, i'm almost sure they sell romulan lock boxes there. If that is the case i would suggest buying 20 lock boxes and opening them all until you can get what you want.
Commander
# 4
05-22-2013, 07:14 PM
The odds of getting the Adapted Destroyer are roughly 0.4% (8 out of 2000).

My advice:
You can sell those keys for a total of 155,000,000 EC. Adapted Destroyers are currently going for 100,000,000 EC. In a week or so they will be down to less than 90,000,000 EC, two weeks 80,000,000 (using past lockbox ships as an estimate).

YOUR BEST BET is to sell your keys and buy one from the exchange. Depending on how long you wait, you could have enough EC left over to buy BOTH Adapted ships.

Source: owner of 5 lockbox ships. And I got NONE of them out of lockboxes

EDIT:
The lockbox also gives an average of 5.5 lobi per box, so those 100 will get you 550, not enough for the 800 the Adapted Cruiser costs.

Last edited by buddha1369; 05-22-2013 at 07:27 PM.
Rihannsu
# 5
05-22-2013, 07:19 PM
Some free advice.

Take your 100 keys, and sell them on the exchange for about 1.5 million each. You should be able to get 150 million EC give or take. Then wait, and watch the exchange for the ship you want. Wait and it will probably come down to about 70 to 80 million for either ship, once the hype wears off. Seriously, this is what I am planning to do, more or less, but I'm playing the market to get my EC. The lock box will be here for another 2 months, most likely, that seems to be the normal time, and it will come back. All of the lock boxes have come back, even boxes with a chance at the bug ship, this one will be no different.

Don't waste your dilithium buying boxes.
Joined September 2011
Nouveau riche LTS member
Ensign
# 6
05-22-2013, 07:25 PM
Well that is fantastic advice! Thanks for that, I will try what you guys said about selling the keys on the exchange.