Lt. Commander
# 1 reinstall - hahaha
01-16-2010, 06:11 AM
downloaded the game from direct2drive. After the installation was successful, I played, then there was an Update I guess, but my launcher did not want to download it, instead just crash.

when reinstalling the game, i did not notice, that most of the files were gone (7.65 GB -> 200 MB), and the launcher started to "update" by downloading ~5 GB with a incredible speed of around 200kb/s or less.

So i guess reinstalling is not wanted by cryptic??? I don't like getting files I downloaded deleted under my fingers! And it's immensly frustrating! Now I download the game once again ... 1.8 MB/s.

I really really hope, you reconsider you're upgrade / install policy ... maybe just ask something like "your freakin' harddrive might be full, do you want us to remove all the files you possibly will need in a day or two and then wonder why the launcher has to download more than 5 GB?"

I think, that is an issue I'm having already ...
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-16-2010, 12:06 PM
I too did a reinstall. I noticed that the game files are actually located at:

C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios

One weird thing I noticed is that "Install Files" are missing. They are now 200 megs. I download the installer and its gone. That is odd.

My updater wants to download 10 gigs of data... I will try to fix this because it will take me about 15-20 hours to download 10 gigs. If I find something Ill post it here.
Lt. Commander
# 3 Fixed It!
01-16-2010, 03:15 PM
I found out how to beat th 10 gig patch. I have windows 7 so I dont know if this will work for other versions of windows.

I took the folder located at: C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studioss and I copied it to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Cryptic Studios
I overwrote EVERYTHING. Then I launched the updater and it downloaded 1 little file and now I can play! YAY!
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-18-2010, 02:10 PM
i "fixed" the problem ... after re-downloading ... by copying the installation folder to a junk-folder, from which I installed ... and which the installer could delete as much as it wants ...