Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Here is what happens: I run the launcher, goes through fine and what not, gets to "Connecting to the login server" and just sits there until it times out. Then I type my password back in to login again and I get "Disconnected from the account server". I sincerely hope this isn't just me - or if it is, that I didn't do something wrong. Of course, I would have heard from someone by now if I had.

Is anyone else dealing with this?
Lt. Commander
# 2 Your not alone
01-16-2010, 05:41 PM
I get the same thing its very annoying sometimes i get server is busy try again later it sucks
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-16-2010, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshmaul
Here is what happens: I run the launcher, goes through fine and what not, gets to "Connecting to the login server" and just sits there until it times out. Then I type my password back in to login again and I get "Disconnected from the account server". I sincerely hope this isn't just me - or if it is, that I didn't do something wrong. Of course, I would have heard from someone by now if I had.

Ive been dealing with this problem since day one. And still havent found an answer.

I even put in an ‘issue tag’ but after getting no reply and no help from the devs, I gave up uninstalled and deleted everything off my PC. I have better things to do with my time then sit and spin my wheels over this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShipLord109 View Post
I get the same thing its very annoying sometimes i get server is busy try again later it sucks
This is a different problem. You can get onto the server and unfortunately there are just too many people on it. The 'Disconnected from the account server' people cant even get in.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-17-2010, 05:41 PM
I just had the message "Disconnected from the Account Server" as well. The "kick out" process was different from when I'm "Disconnected from server." Trying to get onto the forums has been difficult lag-wise. Other web sites (fleet's, TOR, Youtube) are fine.
Lt. Commander
# 5 server down
01-17-2010, 05:46 PM
The server went down
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-17-2010, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshmaul

Yea I've had that problem also, you just gotta keep on mashing the 'log in" button on the main screen until it lets you in.

BTW, I was just playing a while ago, go disconnected (of course) and now my launcher doesnt work, I double click on the STO icon in the appropiate folder, then nothing happens, the laucnher window doesnt even show. Has anyone had this problem as well?
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-17-2010, 06:03 PM
I am having the same issue .. just times out login.. showing server down
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-17-2010, 06:08 PM
Ditto...I seem to have had a similar problem.

I was creating a Gorn character when the server disconnected and kicked me from the game.

I tried to get back in (this was about an hour ago) but no luck so far....it seems to get stuck on "Connecting to the Login Server" for about 2 or 3 minutes and then goes back to the login screen.

Am I having this problem because it quit on me whilst I was in the character creator, or otherwise?
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-17-2010, 06:11 PM
Ah...just saw "server down"....ignore please

On the other hand...hey, a little notice might have been nice....say a little 5 minute countdown like in WoW...does that sound reasonable?
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-17-2010, 06:12 PM
Does anyone know why the Launcher window won't open when I click on the STO icon on my desktop?