Starfleet Veteran
While I was working on my characters' costumes, I found that the foot option "Soft Boots" is missing in its entirety. It is not available in ANY Federation uniform type, even though it is an essential piece of many of costumes both used in-game and otherwise canon.

Why did you remove this, Cryptic? Please add it back ASAP!

Last edited by theoryfive; 05-23-2013 at 11:23 AM.
Captain
# 2
05-24-2013, 07:56 AM
And I have the problem that the Soft Boots seem randomly to be available for my characters.

I could equip them on my Romulan Captain, but not on one of the storyline Romulans. And then I was able to equip them on a Fed Boff I had transferred from my Fed Captain.

It is really interesting, for me it seems that with each character I do have different costume pieces unlocked. Some common items appear for this one, not for that one, although the same race etc.
Career Officer
# 3
05-24-2013, 08:01 AM
Yes.. and while at it, please re-add the shoes from the TOS "Motion Picture" pack, too (currently they are not selectable when wearing skirts or the 7 of 9 suit for example)!!!
"My people have a reputation for arrogance. I'm afraid it's well-earned."

Commander
# 4
05-25-2013, 11:59 AM
This is certainly not good news for anyone who wears a TOS or Monster Maroon uniform, as those are the only boots that remotely look accurate for those uniforms.

Thankfully my ST VI era Captain is already in uniform, so as long as I dont change him, he should be fine.
The account formerly known as C_Carmichael
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack. I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
05-26-2013, 12:26 AM
I noticed this too, and can only imagine it's a bug. Characters that already have the boots can keep them as long as you don't try to edit the costume. If you do the boots are lost. This is true both for you and your boffs.

The Soft Boot was the only option that worked well with the TOS uniforms. There is also a Short Boot option, but that's only available to long pants, not cutoffs, so that's no use either.

I really hope this is a bug, cause otherwise it's really stupid to pull out a boot that was available to everyone.
Ensign
# 6
05-27-2013, 10:51 PM
I agree. I favor the TOS uniforms over every other era. I have been trying to create an entire TOS theme with my char, but can't complete it without these boots. Most would say no biggie, but I'm OCD about my char costumes, and this drives me nuts!
Lieutenant
# 7
05-28-2013, 01:18 AM
I have found that they have not been removed but instead appear to have been moved to the off duty uniform section.

I have found Bajoran boots 1 makes a good but temporary replacement for soft boots when building TOS characters.
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
05-28-2013, 02:37 AM
I've noticed a huge amount of bugs with the Tailor in general since LOR launched so it may not be that they were removed or moved at all. On my Rom which is Fed allied I have klingon parts showing up on a boff I bought on the exchange, others where trying to change the color of one part changes another part, as well as Boffs missing clothing options.
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
06-04-2013, 08:37 AM
Still missing for male characters, although it still seems to exist as an option for female ones.