Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Closed Thread

Commander
I understand that Cryptic has to eradicate that ec-selling guys, but the means they utilize are... excessive. Few minutes ago I was talking with fleetmate who returned after long time away form game. He complained about receiving tons of spam mail. I wanted to ask him what spam was it, and typed in most popular's spam company name. About one second later I was "forcibly disconnected" and my account banned.

I mean, WHAT THE HELL?

Its ridiculous, I can't even log in to support page.

EDIT: Its 24 hours since I submitted a ticket. So far, no response of any kind. Moreover, my browser got stuck in redirect loop when trying to check my tickets, so the only way for Cryptic/PWE to contact me is to send message to the email associated with game account.

EDIT 2: 48 hours without response.

EDIT 3: 72 hours.

EDIT 4: 4 days.

EDIT 5: A bit over 96 hours, still no response of any kind, but my account has been reinstated. I'm not chat-muted too.

Last edited by notoryczny; 05-27-2013 at 12:03 PM.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 2 .
05-23-2013, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by notoryczny View Post
I understand that Cryptic has to eradicate that ec-selling guys, but the means they utilize are... excessive. Few minutes ago I was talking with fleetmate who returned after long time away form game. He complained about receiving tons of spam mail. I wanted to ask him what spam was it, and typed in most popular's spam company name. About one second later I was "forcibly disconnected" and my account banned.

I mean, WHAT THE HELL?

Its ridiculous, I can't even log in to support page.
Please email in directly for support on this: customerservice@perfectworld.com

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 3
05-23-2013, 12:19 PM
So if you don't like someone, you could just trick them into writing that web address and they get their account banned? What kind of madness is this?

And why is the answer only a "mail support and hope for the best" and not a "This is really disturbing news, our engineers are going to investigate immediately and ensure that no legitimate player loses their account."?
http://hilbertguide.com
Lieutenant
# 4
05-23-2013, 12:23 PM
Reasons like this are why I simply try my best to avoid ever using the draconian game chat system in cryptic games.
Ensign
# 5
05-23-2013, 12:29 PM
its just sick.
Commander
# 6
05-23-2013, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
So if you don't like someone, you could just trick them into writing that web address and they get their account banned?
Basically yes. And tricking anyone into that is not even difficult. Just ask them what flavor of spam they got recently. If they answer calling it by name, they are auto-banned.

Last edited by notoryczny; 05-23-2013 at 12:47 PM.
Captain
# 7
05-23-2013, 12:49 PM
I just saw a post in the forums a few days ago to from people complaining about the gold selling spam and someone was asking why Cryptic doesn't do something about it, and that the "simple" solution would just be to ban anyone who writes the address of such as site. You get what you ask for I guess?
Ainu - Join Date: Aug 2008
Foundry Missions: 1) The Source of Power (ST-HSWUBD5TQ) [Federation] 16+
-----=====*****<[ Fleet Recruitment Thread ]>*****=====-----
Captain
# 8
05-23-2013, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
And why is the answer only a "mail support and hope for the best" and not a "This is really disturbing news, our engineers are going to investigate immediately and ensure that no legitimate player loses their account."?
Probably because the engineers have nothing to do with it. This isn't a problem of faulty hardware, or server stability, it is enforcement of the rules.'

Whether that enforcement is warranted or not, is a good question. But it is a question for the GMs/account support, not the engineers. Which is why emailing support is the best option.
Commander
# 9
05-23-2013, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangolight View Post
I just saw a post in the forums a few days ago to from people complaining about the gold selling spam and someone was asking why Cryptic doesn't do something about it, and that the "simple" solution would just be to ban anyone who writes the address of such as site. You get what you ask for I guess?
Problem is, its not the site address. Its a simple five letter word, and it auto-bans anyone who typed it. It gets even more ridiculous, cause any spammer can bypass that "security measure" by writing something like "come to x.x.x.x.x, just without those dots".
Captain
# 10
05-23-2013, 02:09 PM
Well, I'm glad I know about this.

Better just not using chat, I guess.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Closed Thread