Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Closed Thread

Rihannsu
# 21
05-24-2013, 10:22 AM
I have not gotten spam mails for about a year now. So I don't know which 5 letter word this is. A google search showes at least 3 sites on the first result page with five letters as the name... I must admit, I wouldn't write them by mistake...
Apply for membership at the
Join our cause now!
Career Officer
# 22
05-24-2013, 11:04 AM
This just happened to me, was trying to explain to someone why I think they're banned, using a certain 'sites name, got banned. I've put a ticket in about it, but should I e-mail directly too?

EDIT: I have also put an e-mail in, quoting the ticket reference, it's pretty annoying considering I have no interest in using these types of 'sites despite their generous offers and constant mail bombardment, if I'd have known they were now like Voldermort and shall not be named I wouldn't have mentioned it.

EDIT #2: Has anyone actually been un-banned yet? I'm not really happy reading that some people have gone 2 days without response from Cryptic about it, I never saw any warning that this would happen and again I wouldn't use these 'sites, even to the point where I've reported them as spam and submitted tickets about them, trying to explain to someone who may have been stupid enough to use them gets me banned?! Bit annoying really.

EDIT #3: Also I didn't recieve a ban reason/length e-mail but I did recieve one to acknowledge my ticket submission.

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan

Last edited by irwin109; 05-24-2013 at 12:01 PM.
Career Officer
# 23
05-24-2013, 12:06 PM
Automatic chat censoring like that has no place in a game, just a matter of time until some creative trolls figure out how make use of that.. i predict this feature to be tweaked in notime.. as soon as hundrets of such support tickets hit them, they will realize how much full of fail that idea was.
___
Tami, Leader of -FS-
Career Officer
# 24
05-24-2013, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikiiy View Post
Automatic chat censoring like that has no place in a game, just a matter of time until some creative trolls figure out how make use of that.. i predict this feature to be tweaked in notime.. as soon as hundrets of such support tickets hit them, they will realize how much full of fail that idea was.
Well after looking through the forums a bit it turns out the person I'm on about had some prior knowledge about this, guess who's getting an ignore when/if I get back in game.

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
Commander
# 25
05-24-2013, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikiiy View Post
just a matter of time until some creative trolls figure out how make use of that..
You mean, like, guy running around on ESD and asking in zone chat "whats that ec-selling company name is?"
Career Officer
# 26
05-24-2013, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by notoryczny View Post
You mean, like, guy running around on ESD and asking in zone chat "whats that ec-selling company name is?"
Or the guy that fooled me into typing it in the second time "still banned and got no response yet" "it's probably because of that website you used" "what website I used?" [Typed 'site name and nothing showed in chat] "I tried typing it but it didn't show up in chat" "maybe it's a bug, try typing it again", yeah should've seen it coming, and I just found out that he had posted in another post of the same nature yesterday noting that he got banned after using the word... Uncool, very uncool.

EDIT: Still wondering if anyone has actually received a response or reactivation yet.

Last edited by irwin109; 05-24-2013 at 01:42 PM.
Career Officer
# 27
05-24-2013, 02:16 PM
This is the most ridiculous and outragous type of censorship I've ever heard of in a game. People pay good money to play this game and then get banned with no warnings, no reviews, nothing, simply for trying to advise newcomers to STO that these companies should be avoided.

I run SRS and I now have my XO banned with no sign of being reinstated anytime soon.

Branflakes, please get back to us with an update to this as soon as possible, this is getting serious, and as the knowledge of this spreads it's only a matter of time before the trolls go into zone chat and trick hundreds into typing the name twice. That's hundreds, potentially thousands of players unable to play the game and therefore spend money because of this massive and astonishing fail.

Please respond urgently and let us all know what is happening.

Thanks

Matt Johnson
SRS Fleets
FLTCDR
Career Officer
# 28
05-24-2013, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
This is the most ridiculous and outragous type of censorship I've ever heard of in a game. People pay good money to play this game and then get banned with no warnings, no reviews, nothing, simply for trying to advise newcomers to STO that these companies should be avoided.

I run SRS and I now have my XO banned with no sign of being reinstated anytime soon.

Branflakes, please get back to us with an update to this as soon as possible, this is getting serious, and as the knowledge of this spreads it's only a matter of time before the trolls go into zone chat and trick hundreds into typing the name twice. That's hundreds, potentially thousands of players unable to play the game and therefore spend money because of this massive and astonishing fail.

Please respond urgently and let us all know what is happening.

Thanks

Matt Johnson
SRS Fleets
FLTCDR
Thanks for the support Matt, I'm hoping this gets resolved soon, as I've said I have no interest in using these cash to EC 'sites, it's detrimental to the survival of such a wonderful game, one that I support as much as I can, I'd just like even a 'we're looking into it' update on my support tickets, it says there's meant to be an email sent that tells you the reason and length of ban unless it is 'unique', I'm guessing this is classed as the latter as I've had no such email but even a length of ban while I argue my case would be preferred, at least then I could let the fleet mates know that unless my appeal passes I'll be back on such and such a date... Or even let them know that it's being investigated... At the moment I feel like I'm in a black hole, not knowing if I'll ever get out, or if anyone even knows I'm in here!

Lieutenant
# 29
05-24-2013, 02:46 PM
Blaaa nevermind.

Last edited by mrspam404; 05-24-2013 at 02:48 PM.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 30
05-24-2013, 02:49 PM
Hi Captains,

I will pass along your feedback, but this system is currently in place and working the way it should. If you see anyone trying to trick others, please report them to a GM immediately so an investigation take place and appropriate action taken.

To note: Players are given a detailed warning stating what they did wrong, and to not do it again, before being banned -- continuing to do it past the warning will cause the ban. The warning is there for a reason

If you have a friend of fleet-mate that would like to appeal the ban, please have them reach out to our GM team via the methods listed here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=267893

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Closed Thread