Commander
# 1 Episodes: Tradecraft
05-23-2013, 11:30 AM
Did anyone find the ready room portion of this episode to be a bit too much? I managed to complete it, but only because i got impatient and so i went with the process of elimination (guessed). It's nothing like the Fed/KDF version...i started reading the Romulan version...and thought to myself "this is a lot of crap to read, remember and cross reference". I never even got a chance to see if it was hard/easy, i just got frustrated by all the walls of text.

It seems like they wanted to try and raise the difficulty of this type of puzzle quest over the last one we did. But instead they went a little overboard. To top it all off, everybodys favorite boff Tovan comes out at the end and says that you should go to Drozana.

EDIT: i'm gonna try repeating the quest again and force myself to do it the right way just to see how long it takes.
Career Officer
# 2
05-23-2013, 12:00 PM
First time i did it, i barely even had to read the scripts we were offered. For the most parts it is recanting bits of the story you have been telling up till that point so even an educated guess should have been enough.

To answer your question therefore, No i didnt find it too much at all.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neriz --- Eleven --- S'alesh --- Nizalay and maybe the odd Fed char too.
Defecting from the Federation to the Romulans from May 21st
Ensign
# 3
05-25-2013, 03:43 PM
i'm an old player and i made the most common mistake of all, i didnt bother to read even half of the storyline text as i played, so now i'm lost on the decryption part too. i know its probably something really simple i'll kick myself for later, but right now, i'd be more than happy if someone would at least post the right answers in sequence. i scoured the web, the forums, the wikis, and as yet, all those guys who did the mission, havent posted anything helpful.

Somebody, anybody, post the sequence, .......please?

i cant even figure out what the darn thing is asking me for.

"Does this look infected to you?"
Commander
# 4
05-25-2013, 04:03 PM
I actually loved that part! Seriously!

As dirlettia said it's as easy as making an educated guess if you didn't really bother reading everything.

Legacy of Romulus - Closed Beta - Round 1 Playtester
Career Officer
# 5
05-25-2013, 04:10 PM
When you read the "evidence" records (shipping, comms activity, etc), the relevant part is highlighted in bold yellow letters. From there you can select the right choice more easily.

During beta it wasn't highlighted, and even having paid attention to the storyline, it was hard.
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
05-25-2013, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malakhglitch View Post
I actually loved that part! Seriously!

As dirlettia said it's as easy as making an educated guess if you didn't really bother reading everything.
^THIS!^ I read the whole thing and I really enjoyed it! For me it was fun to read the backstory included in the information and decrypt the files. I'm really loving these new missions, I really "sink" into them when I play them.

----------------------------------------------
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Captain
# 7
05-25-2013, 07:22 PM
If you read the files, and pay attention to the analyses, there's some cool foreshadowing, too.
-------------------------------------------

When I make you breakfast in bed, a simple "thank you" is all I need. Not all this "who are you and how did you get into my house" nonsense.
Ensign
# 8
05-28-2013, 06:34 AM
Bottom line is if I wanted to read a novel I'd buy one. This is suppose to be an online game which is suppose to be fun. Jeez, I want to relax and have fun. Not feel like I'm studying for a law degree.
Ensign
# 9
05-28-2013, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirlettia View Post
First time i did it, i barely even had to read the scripts we were offered. For the most parts it is recanting bits of the story you have been telling up till that point so even an educated guess should have been enough.

To answer your question therefore, No i didnt find it too much at all.
Yes it's way too much. Plus if you aren't really in the mood to jump through a bunch of hoops, you can't even skip passed the mission. So you're stuck until you either figure the maze out, or just say f-it and turn the game off.
Captain
# 10
05-28-2013, 06:39 AM
It's quite sad how many people apparently can't stand using their brain for all of ten minutes.