Career Officer
# 11
05-26-2013, 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saboreth View Post
The current rep system is more reliable and useful than, say, grinding the same STF ten times hoping you randomly get one drop to pick up one piece of coveted gear. Also, the stuff you earn through the rep systems benefits you anywhere in the game. Not just STFs. Story missions, patrol missions, pvp, grinding, featured episodes, no limit. Anything that gives your ship or ground game an extra edge, I'm all in favor for. Not to mention, when you do accomplish tier five, you score rewards. When I finished Rommie Rep last week I got a huge, huge surplus of dilithium, Rommie marks, and skill points. I'm not talking a mere three or four digit reward either.
Double Edged Sword.

While it does provide access others didn't, it also creates a problem that after people completed their reputations, they don't return. Just look at the STF channels, they are empty, when they use to be highly active.

But it was better to wait months for certain STF gear. It took me literally 10 months before I finished my first set.
Captain
# 12
05-27-2013, 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Double Edged Sword.

While it does provide access others didn't, it also creates a problem that after people completed their reputations, they don't return. Just look at the STF channels, they are empty, when they use to be highly active.

But it was better to wait months for certain STF gear. It took me literally 10 months before I finished my first set.
I preferred the old way too. you could get the mk xi very easily, and mk xii was kind of like a vanity item, that you did not really need, you just wanted it. all they needed to do. they could have easily solved the problem with adding datachip requirements for the elite stuff. but then they could not get so many dilithium sinks in :S plus they would not have a timegate, that forces new players to return every day to fill in stuff, making their stats look nicer

while I appreciate the fact that now you definately get the gear you might want, the intentions and execution is shady
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
Captain
# 13
05-27-2013, 02:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferdzso0 View Post
while I appreciate the fact that now you definately get the gear you might want, the intentions and execution is shady
How else were they going to motivate people to spend money on zen to convert into dilithium to pay for those ridiculously amped up item costs?