Captain
# 31
06-03-2013, 11:50 AM
Tried not using target mode and just mouse click the buttons on the tray... 1 word to describe that. Boring! What a yawn fest that is, not only that but the stupid game decides to shoot at one enemy thats ignoring me and getting handled by the BOFFS and ignore the 2 thats shooting me. 2 easy to kill mobs none the less but together and being ignored could kill me. I dont care if the target has double the hitpoints of all the other mobs, i want to kill off the small stuff then be able to concentrate on the big one without flanking damage or getting overwhelmed by small fire when the big one does decide to pay attention and I get 5 attacking me at once. Not only boring but just plain bad tactics.
Lt. Commander
# 32
06-04-2013, 07:52 PM
Still no developer response? How sad.
Commander
# 33
06-05-2013, 11:36 AM
For some reason, nobody wants to talk about this... it is like it is some big secret going on that they're trying to hide.

Will it be so bad for someone to actually come out and be straight about why we're all being forced into shoulder-cam now? Why it was so necessary to remove the option to enable/disable it instead of fixing it so it would save/load with all the other options?

WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE HIDING!!!

Maybe we should appoint a special prosecutor... .. .

-- Smoov

edit: I spent a while playing ground a couple days ago, for the sole reason that I wanted to participate with some of my fleet members that I don't spend much time with.

I was not an asset to the group. I found the side-view so distracting, that I was fighting the game more than I was fighting the borg. Not having as much control as I used to about what I was actually firing at? Well, lets just say that it is a good thing we didn't have to worry about friendly-fire incidents.

Behind the head view lets me sneak around obstructions on both sides, and be able to line up properly on something, as well as hand-to-hand combat, it is a big plus. Sure I could scroll WAY out to where shoulder-cam doesn't start moving to the side, but that's just as bad as having shoulder-cam in the first place. I want to stay up close behind/above the head, where I can go into first-person view with a quick flick of the mouse-wheel, and back out again.

Why be like those other games, who's only purpose to having the shoulder-cam or side-view is so they could show off how realistic the pants you're wearing were made? When you're in the middle of a fight? WHO FRIGGIN CARES WHAT YOUR AVATAR LOOKS LIKE! You should be looking at your target... and while YOU may be looking at your target, your avatar isn't cuz of that rock.

-- Smoov

Last edited by smoovious; 06-05-2013 at 11:43 AM.
Captain
# 34
06-07-2013, 07:52 AM
Theres not much to show off up close with the backside of NPC's. theres more polygons on 1 single ankle than there is on the whole butt of a character. If thats what they want to show off and are proud of that model I could send them a better one with about the same number of poly but have a smoother butt.
Commander
# 35
06-07-2013, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetwtf View Post
Theres not much to show off up close with the backside of NPC's. theres more polygons on 1 single ankle than there is on the whole butt of a character. If thats what they want to show off and are proud of that model I could send them a better one with about the same number of poly but have a smoother butt.
Well... I'm sure not one who is going to discourage anybody making smoother butts, so I'm all for it!

-- Smoov
Lt. Commander
# 36
06-07-2013, 07:21 PM
I'd really like to know their reasoning for this change. It's just aweful. I can't say it any other way it broke the game for me. I went from being able to fly my ship the way I wanted (albeit having to change a setting every time I zoned) to not at all. I do not for any reason no matter how pretty the ship design want to look at my ship when I am flying it. I want to be inside the ship. I'd be much much happier if everyone had to fly from their bridge and use consoles to target things like in the show / movies. Being forced in to 3rd person is just as goofy as it gets. Who does this? Do jet fighter pilots get to fly with a chase cam? No. Did any sailors get to float behind their boats to see which way to turn? No. Part of the whole concept of controlling a ship and being a captain is making strategic decisions from the limited point of view of the bridge. This makes it feel totally gonzo and arcade like.. Absolutely NOT what I want to play without inserting a coin and getting a vibrating seat.
Captain
# 37
06-11-2013, 02:45 AM
@alberick, well the thread here is about ground setups but it defiinatly applies to space as well since that option was removed alongside. The removal of this feature is bull****, I have money to spend on this game but now it will be spent someplace else unless the setup is reverted to what it was.
Lt. Commander
# 38
06-11-2013, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetwtf View Post
@alberick, well the thread here is about ground setups but it defiinatly applies to space as well since that option was removed alongside. The removal of this feature is bull****, I have money to spend on this game but now it will be spent someplace else unless the setup is reverted to what it was.
It might be for you but I created the thread and it's about all modes specifically space for me
Lt. Commander
# 39
06-16-2013, 01:56 PM
Still no reply or mention in test/patch notes?
Lt. Commander
# 40
06-17-2013, 08:48 AM
Utterly ridiculous that they removed the first person view option completely
There should be a keybind just like aim or shooter mode that toggles between first person and 3rd person view.
Closed Thread