Commander
# 1 Donatra Cloak
08-13-2013, 09:47 AM
Hi all,

I've seen multiple threads on the forums indicating that she doesn't cloak when you get within 5km anymore - that the cloaking mechanic has changed from that.

I also have a fleetmate who swears up and down that this isn't true and that sometimes it's a little more than 5km (up to 6km) and it's based on who has aggro, and sometimes she targets pets that are within that range, and that counts and causes her to cloak.

Has there been any independent confirmation by Cryptic or the devs in a post or patch notes that states she no longer cloaks when players get within 5km?

Is there any official source for what her cloaking mechanic current is? (Random, timer, if X then cloak, etc?)

::WARNING:: This game is not intended for use as a source of self-esteem.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
08-13-2013, 09:50 AM
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...41&postcount=6

Quote:
I don't wanna give away the WHOLE thing, as learning to deal with a Boss Encounter is half the fun of beating them. But, I'll lay a few truth-bombs on ya, just to clear the air.

Firstly, as long as she is in Combat, it is guaranteed that she will eventually Cloak, no matter how far away from her you stay.

It is true that this behavior occurs more frequently if you get within a certain distance from her. It is also true, however, that getting close to her is not an instant 100% guarantee that she will suddenly Cloak.
It's not like it used to be: You can't prevent her from cloaking by staying away, and you can't force her to cloak by getting too close.
Commander
# 3
08-13-2013, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1derfull1 View Post
Has there been any independent confirmation by Cryptic or the devs in a post or patch notes that states she no longer cloaks when players get within 5km?

Is there any official source for what her cloaking mechanic current is?
Post #6 in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
It is true that this behavior occurs more frequently if you get within a certain distance from her. It is also true, however, that getting close to her is not an instant 100% guarantee that she will suddenly Cloak.
Cheers.
Husker - RugBurn
Zaan - Mel'Kor - Zarek

Last edited by maltinpolar; 08-13-2013 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Added quote
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
08-13-2013, 09:52 AM
It is a bit of both, You can't prevent her completely from cloaking ever, but distance of her target is a factor.

See some dev comments about that in here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=810521
Republic Veteran
# 5
08-13-2013, 10:04 AM
I dunno I've been targeted by her, and been right on top of her to the point where Donatra reported me.

Captain
# 6
08-13-2013, 10:20 AM
I tend to find that Donata will cloak when too overburdened by us, and not always from just being too close.
[Combat (Self)] Your Lunge deals 3252 (1916) Physical Damage(Critical) to Heavy Tactical Drone.
If you have come to the forums, to complain about the AFK penalty, than it is WAI.
MACO/OMEGA/KHG Accolade Bug Link
Praetor of the Romulan Tal'Shiar fleet
Captain
# 7
08-13-2013, 10:35 AM
Yeah, cloaking conditions aren't as black and white as they used to be a while back.

My Bortas is actually able to tank her fairly effectively by getting right in her face/forward cone of fire and staying there while raining down disruptor fire. She generally only cloaks if I end up leaving her front cone of fire, or if the T4 New Romulus Reputation proc goes off and there's enough of a lull between my cannon volleys. I've knocked her back out of cloak many times by doing enough damage to break the sensor jam before she took off/started her thalaron maneuver. I really wish she was just immune to the proc.

Switching targets seems to be one of her biggest reasons to cloak now. Her current target not being in her fore or aft (torpedo arc) attack angle seems to be another.
Empire Veteran
# 8
08-13-2013, 11:54 AM
Yeah,

The 5k distance rule no longer holds true when dealing with Dontra.

Her Cloaking patterns can be quite random at times with her Cloaking and warping to the other side of the map.

One of the coolest glitches that I've seen from Dontra was that she de-cloaked into her blast of doom but somehow kept moving at full impulse in a strait line while charging the blast
Commander
# 9
08-13-2013, 12:15 PM
Thanks all for your responses, especially to the first posters for the links. Much obliged

::WARNING:: This game is not intended for use as a source of self-esteem.
Captain
# 10
08-13-2013, 12:30 PM
Its kinda silly fighting her these days. She cloaks so often and move so fast my first CRF isn't even finished cycling before she decides to take a breather again, even while caught in a GW while tractored and sensor scanned (wish my cloak could do that ). On the other hand she's not nearly as lethal anymore either, spamming super torp spreads and the like. She's just goofy.