Empire Veteran
# 11
05-24-2013, 08:35 AM
The mission has also changed in the sense that you get instakilled at the spawn sometimes by who knows what. Happened to my team playing it yesterday where 2 or 3 of us died a few seconds after spawning. I never saw torps or anything either.
=^= Starfleet Code Red Message =^= Starfleet intelligence's central network was compromised by an insidious ARC virus. All captains are to avoid contact with the ARC until we can ascertain how dangerous it is. All ships remain on high alert!
Career Officer
# 12
05-24-2013, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcangelslay View Post
In defense of the OP

I've recently come back to STO, I've played Hive Onslaught a few times, after the update I'm getting hit by the lance between the ships, even near the queen.

It was literally impossible, we all raced between he ships and were destroyed in seconds, this never happened before.

I've not played it since.
I've been hit by the lance while visually in the area I should be [about 3km from the ship in the inside]. I'm just guessing that there's an occasional bug that's occurring with their targeting.

Now, EPtE seems to be ... very nice for the borg spheres, and getting stuck in combat mode on respawn is bad for Under the Guns.
Survivor of Romulus
# 13
05-24-2013, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by x0ligy View Post
The mission has changed and is bugged. Yes i do PUGS

1. Spheres are faster (does not matter just takes longer kill them)
2. On the two main ships if you respawn you can get a message saying "We are under attack" when nothing is close by
3. Lance kills you at spawn point

These are the issues i ran into when i tried it, other than that it was just trying to keep up with repairs while defending against kintetic blasting, tractor beams and lance. Ofc with it being a pug, peopel left sooner than expected because they always expect an awesome team i try and keep combat log going so i can see who's good and whos bad help when they complain then
You pug Hive? You crazy man! I wouldn't consider doing that, ever. Then again, I only run with decent premade teams now.

RE: Bugs

1) This isn't a bug, this was an unintended side-effect of the buff to EPTE. Spheres have always had emergency power to engines, but now they now have a full 30 seconds duration they do zip around the map far more than they used to.

Can't comment on the second two, but the first isn't a bug
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-24-2013, 08:55 AM
I too pug Hive, but I haven't jumped on STFs after the LoR update. The faster spheres seem to be interesting, but at the same time, the infinite range of the borg spinal lances seem to be a bug. The only advice I can give for the avoiding the lance is this: Spam. Throw out every mine, pet spam, and high yield torpedo you have at the borg ship. More often than not, they target the lower health "enemies" before they target you.

That is....unless they changed that too...
Commander
# 15
05-24-2013, 08:56 AM
I haven't played this since LOR release, however, being between the two command ships is the WORST place to be. Why would you want to be under fire from two elite ships??!! Come at them from one or the other sides preferably left of spawn first.

Take one at a time not both O.o
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-24-2013, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by topset View Post
You pug Hive? You crazy man! I wouldn't consider doing that, ever. Then again, I only run with decent premade teams now.

RE: Bugs

1) This isn't a bug, this was an unintended side-effect of the buff to EPTE. Spheres have always had emergency power to engines, but now they now have a full 30 seconds duration they do zip around the map far more than they used to.

Can't comment on the second two, but the first isn't a bug
We'll one of us has to be the crazy one o.O lol
But yes its annoying when you can not complete it and need to quit result 1 hour ban from stfs not fair at all.

As for the spheres faster, does not bother me at all. Just annoying watching my torps take forever to hit them and them zoom away from my slow cruiser lol something i think has been slower since update could just be in my mind the slower ship though lol

@sgtstarfall can not throw out anything because there is nothing in range you spawn in with nothing around you as there are only three ships left (Queen, 2x "of nine") and get shot at spawn. As for pet, i dont have one never looked into it.

Last edited by x0ligy; 05-24-2013 at 08:59 AM.
Career Officer
# 17
05-24-2013, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrorterran View Post
I dunno what jacked up ships Cryptic is testing this stuff with...

but I'm flying a fleet excelsior as an engineer with 60k hull and that lance is lethal...let alone the plasma's

and I'm talking about NORMAL not elite

this is pretty much the only STF I really enjoy and I wont be doing it again unless I get really masochistic or Cryptic fixes this crap.

It's supposed to be fun Cryptic...not a respawn button clickfest.
I rarely play this merely because so many people actually LEAVE when they see how hard it is.... which is frustrating to say the least. That being said, I have also managed to win with a good PUG team on occasion as well.

Sadly, however, the majority of folks are right. Your more likely to win with a premade than a PUG in this particular STF. Crazy hard at times but fun... I prefer it this way. More realistic and challenging.
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)
Empire Veteran
# 18
05-24-2013, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugspatteredjack View Post
I rarely play this merely because so many people actually LEAVE when they see how hard it is.... which is frustrating to say the least. That being said, I have also managed to win with a good PUG team on occasion as well.

Sadly, however, the majority of folks are right. Your more likely to win with a premade than a PUG in this particular STF. Crazy hard at times but fun... I prefer it this way. More realistic and challenging.
You are a very brave person for puging Into the Hive, maybe crazy . I would only do with people from my fleet or the elite stf channel; that's it.
=^= Starfleet Code Red Message =^= Starfleet intelligence's central network was compromised by an insidious ARC virus. All captains are to avoid contact with the ARC until we can ascertain how dangerous it is. All ships remain on high alert!
Empire Veteran
# 19
05-24-2013, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugspatteredjack View Post

You are a very brave person for puging Into the Hive, maybe crazy . I would only do it with people from my fleet or the elite stf channel; that's it.
Career Officer
# 20
05-24-2013, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmgtorres1979 View Post
Ah, then maybe it's changed. I haven't played it yet since LoR was released.
If that is the case, then it's a bad move, as the mission is already hard as it is. One hit kills aren't fun and in this scenario, with the consecutive deaths and the respawn time increasing you may find yourself in a very bad situation with many regeneration probes, and in turn having the vessels repaired time after time.
all the new balance changes that cryptic have done to space npcs were not needed, but it was done and now survivability is a side effect instead of something you can rely on. an oxymoron if ever there was one.
T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW. Been around since Dec 2010 and LTS in Apr 2013.
Quote:
The highest possible stage in moral culture is when we recognize that we ought to control our thoughts.
- Charles Darwin.
Does he have a point on STO forums? makes you wonder, huh?
Closed Thread