Ensign
# 31
05-26-2013, 06:27 AM
Yeah I've Pugged Hive Onslaught Normal 4 times since LoR and failed 3 times having failed it once in 5 months of Pugging before

The Lance Weapons are the problem

I can tank a Lance hit on Normal but it's pretty much death and the "advice" doesn't work, I've been hit by the lance coming out of Spawn, hit by it invisibly and I've also been hit while pretty much sitting on top of the Queen so the "be within 5km of the queen" doesn't work so it's just a total crapshoot.

If you die once when fighting the 2 Unimatrix ships I'd say you're going to have a hard time winning. The only success I had was with what looked to be a pretty good team and the fact no-one died suring the whole mission.

Didn't help that people kept respawning and flying back in alone, although watching them explode from one hit was amusing it didn't really help the whole winning thing

Recorded both the failure and the win so will put them up on Youtube this week.
Lt. Commander
# 32
05-26-2013, 07:56 AM
I tried onslaught last night twice the first team, utter joke kept getting popped and i ended up trying to take on ship on my own most the time. After 4/5 deaths myself from plasma bolts i just said "good luck" and left as they could not get close and i was at the borg queen

Second time team was a little better and we managed to kill everything. Time take about 20minutes total deaths 19 (i had one). I ended up mostly just sitting at the queens location only moving when my beams missed the plasma bolt. Problem with this is that if its just you there you can end up fighting 3/4 plasma bolts on ur own :/
Commander
# 33
05-26-2013, 08:08 AM
Please I wish you guys would realize if everything in the game were dumbed down so much that any 5 man pug team could walk through it it would be no fun whatsoever.
We have fleets. Find yourself a decent team, or if your friends aren't 'decent' enough then go and take the time it took you to cry nerf for one of the very few somewhat challenging PVE events and go and do some research on how its done instead.

Just cause you got your (_|_) kicked doesn't mean its too hard..
It means you need to do better.
I've flown hive elite with a great team, pulled from my fleet, 'n we walked through it.
And again with the very same team, one thing goes wrong, or two, 'n next thing we know we're facing seemingly never ending waves of probes 'n making no progress.
Its called the random element.
If you guys keep dying 'n spawning 'n shooting off right to the vessels again, you're essentially trying to 1v1 the unimatrix or the queen. duh.

No Nerf. Learn to Fly

Edit: Pugging Hive elite, ANY stf elite, should be a fail. 9 of 10 times. FAIL FAIL FAIL.
Or its not hard enough. Go back to Normal.
Its 'Elite'. It should be "Nintendo hard".
You should HAVE to be able to work in and with a team to beat them.

Last edited by lake1771; 05-26-2013 at 08:10 AM.
Rihannsu
# 34
05-26-2013, 08:20 AM
I didn't have any problems with my premade teams, I think you're just over-reacting from 1 bad experience.
Say the word, it saves the world.
CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."
Lt. Commander
# 35
05-26-2013, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lake1771 View Post
Please I wish you guys would realize if everything in the game were dumbed down so much that any 5 man pug team could walk through it it would be no fun whatsoever.
We have fleets. Find yourself a decent team, or if your friends aren't 'decent' enough then go and take the time it took you to cry nerf for one of the very few somewhat challenging PVE events and go and do some research on how its done instead.

I've flown hive elite with a great team, pulled from my fleet, 'n we walked through it.
And again with the very same team, one thing goes wrong, or two, 'n next thing we know we're facing seemingly never ending waves of probes 'n making no progress.
If you guys keep dying 'n spawning 'n shooting off right to the vessels again, you're essentially trying to 1v1 the unimatrix or the queen. duh.

No Nerf. Learn to Fly

Edit: Pugging Hive elite, ANY stf elite, should be a fail. 9 of 10 times. FAIL FAIL FAIL.
I can see your onw them guys that enters the thread without reading anything, also by your typing i can see your talking about how easy it was before the patch so, have you tried it since the patch???

People are being spawn killed by the lance thats 90% accurate (probably more) they can not get tot eh unimatrix ships! And your doubly screwed if you get "We are under attack" when nothing is around you.

YOu say we should learn to fly but you should learn to read! Stop talking about how easy it was before the patch, i did it multiple times on elite before the patch.

Edit:
Dont forget before the patch the lance was not as accurate you could fly about and be semi safe now you need to be near the queen not move and "hope" the lance behaves as it should.

Last edited by x0ligy; 05-26-2013 at 08:27 AM.
Career Officer
# 36
05-26-2013, 08:28 AM
Solution: don't play it on elite if it is to hard.
Lt. Commander
# 37
05-26-2013, 08:30 AM
Quote:

No Nerf. Learn to Fly

What he said! Seriously though nerfing every mission so a monkey can do it is not the answer. Because of all the tears Cryptic has already ruined several good FA's -

Fed MineField - I never use my big ship on this mission, I take my fighter in because it is just ridiculously easy.
The Big Dig - I used to love the old Big Dig but the new version is just pathetic, you could have a team of paraplegics characters and still complete it. I commonly create my own private mission and solo this one.

Yes Hive Onslaught can be difficult and I noticed too that the super beams hit more often and where they shouldn't. But it's far from being too difficult especially on normal, I PuG it all the time and have yet not been unable to complete it on normal and I am in the flimsiest ship there is, a BoP. I believe the problem lies with too many Captains having their cargo holds full of sugar.
Lt. Commander
# 38
05-26-2013, 08:33 AM
Again people are not reading the thread im out of here...
Lt. Commander
# 39
05-26-2013, 08:58 AM
Quote:

No Nerf. Learn to Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by x0ligy View Post
Again people are not reading the thread im out of here...
Yes I did and yes I've played it many times after LoR. Yes the super laser hits far more often and where it shouldn't. But you should be able to complete it. I agree the bugs do need fixed but that's all they need do. Most of the replies that are against nerf are those replying to those who are saying not only fix the bugs but make it easier to complete. So they may not be replying specifically to your main post.
Lt. Commander
# 40
05-26-2013, 11:57 AM
Here is why i said im out of this thread.

You lot have come to the thread saying nothing is wrong i can do this mission within a team easy! And yes you can your fully geared with the best items and doing it with a team of people who happen to have the best items so ofc you can do it!

Here is me a person thats been playing for just over a month saying Hive Onslaught is broke, ive done it multiple times on normal and elite before the patch but now its just stupid. I dont have macro sets i dont have the best gear or doffs but im working towards it. I hit a decent amount and i eat quite abit of damage before i explode specially if im on the ball and not getting distracted.

Your telling me and others "learn how to fly", "learn how to do the mission", " do it in a special/fleet group" so lets go though these suggestions of yours...

Learn how to fly: Ok been playing the game over a month, i feel i have ok gear and do elites most days now im failing at normal yet i eat damage and deal a good amount imo.

Learn how to do the mission: Ok as said done it before, had no issues patch made it stupid and i dont have YOUR gear to hide behind.

Join a special group/use your fleet: Not everyone does as many stfs as i do in my fleet, i dont know of any groups and not part of them and would like to build up my ger more before bringing the team down.

Normal: Is where people are ment to learn how to do the mission, they are ment to have a chance at completing it but just lately lance has what seems ike a 100% hit chance and will shoot you on the way back to the battle (i just wasted 5minutes because of this) and it will shoot you if your inbetween 4-5kms of the borg queen.

I can deal with the probes, regens and everything else (within reason) but when you dont have a team to help with the uimatrix like your send your just fighting on your own and getting no where adn the reason for this is because they can not get back to the fight, but like you said there is noting wrong with the mission. If people can not get back to the fight thas there own fault they should go in a group of 5 so only 2 can not get back!

Anyway, said all im going to say on this matter i just personally will not bother with onslaught like alot of players ive spoke to try it once a week till i get my antiproton weapons i guess and my doffs upgraded.

Anyway feel free to reply whatever, but i shall not respond nr even look in this thread again.
Closed Thread