Ensign
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 13
# 61
06-02-2013, 08:53 AM
I don't have a totally buff up ship as I just hit lvl 50.

I also don't have access to a level 5 ship yard so not fleet ships for me.

But what I can say is it its current impossible to beat the mission even in normal mode. I tried it 4 times in normal and 3 times in elite.

It doesn't make sense for me to try so many times but get nothing out of the mission. Might as well get easier ones that I can complete and get my omega points.

If you look at the server now, you can see few are actually playing hive onslaught. I guess many are just avoiding it now.
Ensign
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 13
# 62
06-02-2013, 08:55 AM
If its going to be very difficult, they should have more players instead of just 5.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 786
# 63
07-05-2013, 04:35 PM
The lances are indeed busted. Going within the 5km limit to avoid the lances does nothing. You could be touching it's hull and still get lanced.

It's possible, but very very difficult and leads to *a lot* of deaths. It's even worse with that ascending timer that they brought in months ago (which I argued against then, and I argue against today).

My advice? Never ever pug it and always always have a metric sh*t ton of components in the bank, ready to use!
Player of the once promising game known as Star Trek Online. Derider of the derisory, Sultan of Stun, Captain of the Obvious and the Oblivious.
Dies a wee bit each time he sees a dino.
Captain
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 587
# 64
07-05-2013, 05:26 PM
The mission has been bugged since the Big Update.

Beforehand, if you used the appropriate tactics (stay between the Unimatrix vessels, preferably near the Queen and out of the lance's firing arcs), it was easy to beat on Normal difficulty.

Now? Those tactics no longer work 80-90% of the time. And that damned lance will tag you in places where it originally didn't.

Adaptation is possible. However, the problem is when people bug out on you out of frustration. Then, you might as well hang it up.
Commander
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 341
# 65
07-05-2013, 05:26 PM
It is bugged and that is a shame, as I really enjoyed this STF. Actually required teamwork, tactics and was a challenge. As it is, nearly unplayable because the one shot lance is basically unavoidable and the 'finger of God' randomly decides who dies.

I shudder to think how long this bug will be left in the game unchecked and I have effectively lost my favorite STF.
Commander
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 343
# 66
07-05-2013, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricorosebud View Post
It is bugged and that is a shame, as I really enjoyed this STF. Actually required teamwork, tactics and was a challenge. As it is, nearly unplayable because the one shot lance is basically unavoidable and the 'finger of God' randomly decides who dies.

I shudder to think how long this bug will be left in the game unchecked and I have effectively lost my favorite STF.
yeah the lance weapon isn't the only thing bugged apparently the ships turn to lawl like in this pic cause i don't remember them doing that before.
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/n.../buggedstf.png
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 708
# 67
07-05-2013, 05:51 PM
There's no doubt that it is bugged especially since you can get 1 shotted while at spawns. I was in HSE the other day and I saw one of the Unimatrix Vessels move towards the spawn point... Thought they should be stationary.

Anyways even though it is bugged it can be beat with all optionals completed. Done it since LOR was released.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 28
# 68
08-13-2013, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmgtorres1979 View Post
Ah, then maybe it's changed. I haven't played it yet since LoR was released.
If that is the case, then it's a bad move, as the mission is already hard as it is. One hit kills aren't fun and in this scenario, with the consecutive deaths and the respawn time increasing you may find yourself in a very bad situation with many regeneration probes, and in turn having the vessels repaired time after time.
I've been getting hit with the lance weapon between the two ships and literally sitting next to the Borg queen. I'm very surprised to see 100% shields and 100% hull suddenly turn to a 70 second respawn countdown.

I'[ve also had at least a half dozen times where I'm one shot killed right after spawning-with no chance to even engage engines.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 78
# 69
08-13-2013, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmadoc View Post
I've been getting hit with the lance weapon between the two ships and literally sitting next to the Borg queen. I'm very surprised to see 100% shields and 100% hull suddenly turn to a 70 second respawn countdown.

I'[ve also had at least a half dozen times where I'm one shot killed right after spawning-with no chance to even engage engines.
This is pretty much my experience. I enjoy a challenge, but I can't say i enjoy watching my respawn counter for the better part of an evening.

And it doesn't matter what I do. Between the ships, above the ships, outside of the ships, on the Queen, right up against the ships... one shot kills over and over again.

Untill this is fixed, I will avoid hive onslaught, which is a shame as I really used to enjoy it.
Captain
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 732
# 70
08-13-2013, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by haldan1968 View Post
This is pretty much my experience. I enjoy a challenge, but I can't say i enjoy watching my respawn counter for the better part of an evening.

And it doesn't matter what I do. Between the ships, above the ships, outside of the ships, on the Queen, right up against the ships... one shot kills over and over again.

Untill this is fixed, I will avoid hive onslaught, which is a shame as I really used to enjoy it.
Given from one of the recent interviews by the Daniel Stahl there is someone refurbishing the STF's. I assume fixing that bug itself would be too much work so they'll leave it until they roll out the new versions of all.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?u=91863067000&type=sigpic&dateline=13687  91708
http://www.srs-fleet.net/
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:46 PM.