Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 31
01-19-2010, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodno12003 View Post
i have several missions that i cannot find the names do not show up on the map the admirels ,upon speaking to them dont even hint as to where these locations areand if you mouse over the mission it doesent tell you anything is any1 else having a problem w this or is it just me????
When you open your m ap there's a "Systems List" on one of the tabs. That's the quick way to find where you need to go in a given Sector Block.

Otherwise, on the normal map the names of the system needs to be displayed by default anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-19-2010, 04:47 PM
I agree, as a Newb from OB launch I can say that 75% of everything i know about this game was either told to me by a player or from my own by chance discoveries.

Get 5 people who haven't played a single day, 5 CB testers, sit them in a room with one or two devs to take notes and have them play the game from the start. and you should come up with a fairly good list of thing to include in the tut.
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-19-2010, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceFork
I agree, as a Newb from OB launch I can say that 75% of everything i know about this game was either told to me by a player or from my own by chance discoveries.

Get 5 people who haven't played a single day, 5 CB testers, sit them in a room with one or two devs to take notes and have them play the game from the start. and you should come up with a fairly good list of thing to include in the tut.
By "chance discoveries" I assume you mean actually trying out different buttons in the UI and seeing what keys are shotcuts for what by pressing them ? Same as everyone else, not exactly chance more like using you noggin.

Stop focusing on a tutorial so much as maybe upon release there will be a full list of commands etc in a .pdf, well I would guess so, it would make sense.
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-19-2010, 06:28 PM
Its funny ieven during the war in DS9 fleets were rare it was always small encounters.

BUT...

I do realize the MMO model is for grouping, but some people don't group yet do socialize its very common actually, I am all for required group missions thats fine, raids all that stuff, but content should scale properly for the size of the group or lack of group. Special missions should be notated.

You should join a team, or fleet to complete or something.
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-19-2010, 06:45 PM
I agree, I tend to do most of my gaming Solo so forced fleets content is going to be a pain, doable but hopefully not required for progression.
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-19-2010, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kspn View Post
I agree, I tend to do most of my gaming Solo so forced fleets content is going to be a pain, doable but hopefully not required for progression.
I doubt they will force it for advancement aside from the XP you don't get for doing the mission meaning you may be doing higher level missions sooner then a more social person.

And of course MMOs are notorious for keepign the best rewards for riad like structures and PvP, so it is doubtful you can get the best gear in solo/small groups.
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-20-2010, 02:08 AM
Second post in the thread, but, honestly, I really do agree with the OP. The game is pretty well balanced on the ground, but in space it is far too happy to throw Negh'Vars and Raptors at low level players. To put this in perspective the Negh'Var is the Klingon equivilant to the Sovereign class ship. Since I've started playing I've destroyed probably 20 - 50 of these, and seen and avoided far more. Of these, only one or two felt like legitmate uses of the class. This is the Klingon flagship, there really shouldn't be that many kicking around. Running against K7s, B'rels, K'Vorts and maybe the occational Vor'Cha class ships may not seem as exciting, but it would be a lot more balanced for newer players. With the Negh'Var being reserved for either really elite combat or as an extra challenge for really excellent players.

Honestly, the easiest way to deal with this would be to introduce a solo script for each space mission, in addition to the group scaling that currently exists.

Off topic: Where are the Vor'Cha class cruisers? I'll admit I didn't play around with a Klingon character long enough to look at their ship classes, but I haven't seen a single one since I started playing. (The same goes for the K'Vort, I guess (I knoticed that the Bird of Prey class ships register as B'Rel class.)
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-20-2010, 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarkeRealm View Post
Second post in the thread, but, honestly, I really do agree with the OP. The game is pretty well balanced on the ground, but in space it is far too happy to throw Negh'Vars and Raptors at low level players. To put this in perspective the Negh'Var is the Klingon equivilant to the Sovereign class ship. Since I've started playing I've destroyed probably 20 - 50 of these, and seen and avoided far more. Of these, only one or two felt like legitmate uses of the class. This is the Klingon flagship, there really shouldn't be that many kicking around. Running against K7s, B'rels, K'Vorts and maybe the occational Vor'Cha class ships may not seem as exciting, but it would be a lot more balanced for newer players. With the Negh'Var being reserved for either really elite combat or as an extra challenge for really excellent players.

Honestly, the easiest way to deal with this would be to introduce a solo script for each space mission, in addition to the group scaling that currently exists.

Off topic: Where are the Vor'Cha class cruisers? I'll admit I didn't play around with a Klingon character long enough to look at their ship classes, but I haven't seen a single one since I started playing. (The same goes for the K'Vort, I guess (I knoticed that the Bird of Prey class ships register as B'Rel class.)
Im sorry I don't want to bash on you personally but I don't want to see this game nerfed like mad because people can't play. The ground combat vs AI imo is very very easy and there is no real skill involved so as far as im concerned that could get alot harder.

As to getting negh'var's in the early lvl's and that according to you not being scripted as solo well they are fine to take down solo I mean really you might lose a quarter of your hull and your shields be bashed up to bits but it is not too hard, they were actually a highlight of the low level patrol's something harder than a pansy raptor or 3 brigands.

You say these should be kept aside for "elite" and "excellent" player, well imo I am neither of which as when I enter PvP I am not particuarly good sometimes go 9-0 or something but never get the most damage or anything.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get better at the game so the game does not need to be lowered for others the easier it gets the less feel of some sort of achievment for progressing.
Lt. Commander
# 39
01-20-2010, 02:36 AM
Have to say I really aggree with OP.
Lt. Commander
# 40
01-20-2010, 03:05 AM
One thing that really could help beginners would be some kind of introducing to Accolade-Skills.

It's nice to get some new ground and space abilities as you level up and things like evasive manouvering make life much easier - especially for beginners. Problem is, most players don't realise they even have the skill. There's just ONE LINE in the log that tells you, you acquired a new ability when you level up. Then you have to look for it in the powers window and manually drag it to your bar. No wonder many ppl overlook that.
And the accolades window in the journal is quite useless as well. You only recieve information that you have gained something AFTER the fact and even then it doesn't tell you WHAT you got (only if it's a groud or space ability).

EDIT: I'm aware of the beta-state of the game. It will probably be fixed in the near future anyway. This post only concerns the CURRENT state of the game. I posted it anyway because i couldn't find any notes regarding this in any of the "known issues" or "state of the game" threads.