Ensign
# 121
08-06-2013, 09:10 AM
I'm using Windows 8 and I can't get the arc installer to launch at all. It runs in the background for a few seconds then closes. I've tried using the compatibility troubleshooter, running as admin, nothing works. Please help.
Ensign
# 122
08-06-2013, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
You do realize at an MMO company everyone works on the patches not just one person

In any event, You can also try in the launcher located in http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=505501 as that is always updated and see if that helps.
That launcher gives me the same error......"attempting to update launcher" goes to about 5 attempts and then gives an error popup that says "unable to establish connection to patch server. please check your internet connection."

ok so my internet is all fine and I have no issues until this latest patch. uninstall and re-install also do not work.
Ensign
# 123
08-06-2013, 07:37 PM
Find your Star Trek Online.exe(Cryptic Game Launcher) in your computer via search, check properties and see if the properties menu says something out of the ordinary. I know this sounds weird but I had the same problem and after I went to the properties I saw (a) problem and fixed it.
Ensign
# 124
08-06-2013, 07:42 PM
See my whole story here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=816791

I still do not know what happened I was pretty confused, and my story may just be a random problem and the (fix) might only work for me. But even the slightest information could help you!
Ensign
# 125 Its Not Working
08-08-2013, 07:19 AM
Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Ensign
# 126
08-08-2013, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by uglyjimmy View Post
if anyone else is having same problem.
STO launcher didnt show up on my screen.
After starting, icon in taskbar was there but there was no window where u can input username and password to start playing.

1. Start STO
2. start Task manager
3. Applications tab
4. Right click on Star trek online and press Minimize
5. Right click again and press Maximize
(Now launcher is there but Maximized over everything)
6. Escape to close launcher
7. Start STO and there is your launcher again, visible and in normal size.

Hope it helps

((EDIT from BranFlakes: This workaround can be used until a permanent solution is provided. Thanks! -Brandon))
this does not work for me
Lieutenant
# 127
08-09-2013, 05:15 AM
Thx uglyjimmy , it works now.

Last edited by tmassx; 08-09-2013 at 05:20 AM.
Career Officer
# 128
08-09-2013, 01:16 PM
So I just got hit with this and the work around posted by uglyjimmy isn't working. I've tried launching and relaunching the game several times using the work around and nothing happens. I've tried using both Arc and the normal game launcher. Anyone have any ideas?

Edit: Am on Windows 7 32bit.

Edit 2: Ooookay so I figured it out and it's very weird. Upon launching the game it was opening a blank dummy window off of my screen for some reason. I right clicked on the dummy STO launcher window in my taskbar and selected "Star Trek Online" and it opened another STO.exe in a window off screen. That window eventually loaded into the launcher, but it was still off screen. Had to right click on that one and select move, which allowed me to move it back onto my screen. The weird part is that the blank dummy window was still active...so I just right clicked on the first STO.exe and closed that one out. The second copy of STO.exe stayed put and allowed me to log into the game. What in the world is going on here lol.
-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009

Last edited by lan451; 08-09-2013 at 01:34 PM.
Captain
# 129
08-10-2013, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lan451 View Post
So I just got hit with this and the work around posted by uglyjimmy isn't working. I've tried launching and relaunching the game several times using the work around and nothing happens. I've tried using both Arc and the normal game launcher. Anyone have any ideas?

Edit: Am on Windows 7 32bit.

Edit 2: Ooookay so I figured it out and it's very weird. Upon launching the game it was opening a blank dummy window off of my screen for some reason. I right clicked on the dummy STO launcher window in my taskbar and selected "Star Trek Online" and it opened another STO.exe in a window off screen. That window eventually loaded into the launcher, but it was still off screen. Had to right click on that one and select move, which allowed me to move it back onto my screen. The weird part is that the blank dummy window was still active...so I just right clicked on the first STO.exe and closed that one out. The second copy of STO.exe stayed put and allowed me to log into the game. What in the world is going on here lol.
Cryptic is going on here.
Ensign
# 130
08-10-2013, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott248 View Post
I got my problem fixed. Somehow the launcher window was off the screen desktop. I had to right click on the taskbar icon and select move..and then use the arrow keys to move it back tot he screen. Do not know how or why this happened. but I can play now.
Thanks a bunch, i did guess it's something like that but did not think of it to use arrow keys to move it :/