Ensign
# 161
11-16-2013, 05:08 PM
I am having this issue on the MAC version. The workaround provided is for windows and does not apply to Mac. Does someone know of a fix/workaround for Mac?
Ensign
# 162 Is The Arc Blame.
11-17-2013, 08:36 AM
Well it certainly is not making me feel safer playing as I cannot get into the game anymore, same problems as others are apparently having, Crashing window, game will load but after it loads it crashes again and again when I try. This never happened before with the original download version which I would still prefer many of us to still use. Arc is a big let down at this point. I come back to play the game, find out I have to play it through this Arc Program. Very Confusing to me and why does it not work, I have all the hardware, maybe missing a few updates but that does mean the game should now not work when it worked before hand and for me that means finding a new game and spending my money elsewhere. I know its hard to keep everyone happy but if the game needs you to have certain specs for playing the game, expect a small player/fan base as not everyone can afford to keep up with certain technology at that time. The rich get richer and the poor stay where they are. I know some you agree with me on this issue.
Republic Veteran
# 163
11-18-2013, 02:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by uglyjimmy View Post
if anyone else is having same problem.
STO launcher didnt show up on my screen.
After starting, icon in taskbar was there but there was no window where u can input username and password to start playing.

1. Start STO
2. start Task manager
3. Applications tab
4. Right click on Star trek online and press Minimize
5. Right click again and press Maximize
(Now launcher is there but Maximized over everything)
6. Escape to close launcher
7. Start STO and there is your launcher again, visible and in normal size.

Still not working? Try running the task manager in administrator mode. This can be done by typing "taskmgr" in start menu search field, right-clicking taskmgr.exe and choosing "Run as Administrator". (Thanks to chi1701d for the tip!)

Hope it helps

((EDIT from BranFlakes: This workaround can be used until a permanent solution is provided. Thanks! -Brandon))
I just force quit and restart. Works like a charm every time