Ensign
# 31
06-19-2013, 05:47 PM
Glad this is here, it's happening to me as well, workaround works, cheers

Last edited by edwardsparrow1; 06-19-2013 at 05:52 PM.
Survivor of Remus
# 32
06-19-2013, 06:33 PM
Thanks for the suggestion on how to fix this. Had it happen with STO and Neverwinter at the same time for some reason ... never would have thought of this
Lieutenant
# 33
06-19-2013, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Please try this workaround while the team investigates and works on a permanent solution: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...61&postcount=1
I can't start today. Although I'm using WINE, it's hard to believe it's a coincidence. At any rate, the workaround won't work for me. I have no Windows task manager.
Lieutenant
# 34
06-19-2013, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tewha7 View Post
I can't start today. Although I'm using WINE, it's hard to believe it's a coincidence. At any rate, the workaround won't work for me. I have no Windows task manager.
Nevermind. I found the Windows task manager. I seem to be running again.
Ensign
# 35 Launcher Problems
06-20-2013, 02:49 AM
I dont know if its something to do with the new patch thats coming out today.

But when i tried to start up the game today its wasn't starting up properly. The game and patcher were both working fine last thing yesterday, but when i tried first thing this morning it would not start properly.

have done a disk clean up, checked for viruses and like, even un-installed and downloaded and reinstalled the game but nothing has any effect.

I have windows vista and will explain all the procedures/problems as best I can.

1: when I click on the game it dos not show the user account thing that it usually shows i.e allow cancel bit (might just show for Vista as didn't for old xp).

2: it doesn't show the launcher updater bit and am sure it usually shows this even if no updates (could be wrong)

3: the game login window doesn't show properly, it shows the game at the bottom of screen i.e as bar at the bottom, but the login window does not pop up, when I mouse-over i.e preview it the login screen shows as normal i.e with the login and info/news bits inc about the update/server down bar bit but does not pop-up so I cant actually login.

If I select minimise by right clicking then click restore it shows it as a black screen with just 1 row for inputting and a button probably an enter button to small to tell on preview.

I will try again once the new patch is added, but if anyone knows what has happened and if possible has any solution would be grateful for any help/advice just in case the patch doesnt fix it.

oh on another point reg new fed toons, I created a fed toon with the extra char slot and got it to lvl 5 then 8 and the bit for the boffs that you get get for those ranks no longer shows in the in-progress mission bit have they moved them or is it a bug ?

Thanks

That worked thanks

Last edited by wodenaz; 06-20-2013 at 03:48 AM.
Ensign
I am having an error ever since last night where the STO launcher will load in the task bar but it does not actually show on my desktop and I cannot bring it up to make it visible to log in. How do I fix this?
Ensign
# 37
06-20-2013, 12:46 PM
I just had the same thing... I did the uninstall/reinstall method and am at 2.1% patching. Probably not the most efficient but effective nonetheless.
Captain
# 38
06-20-2013, 12:50 PM
On Monday I experienced this bug. For some reason, the launcher window is moved off the screen and you just need to move it back.
Ensign
# 39
06-20-2013, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
On Monday I experienced this bug. For some reason, the launcher window is moved off the screen and you just need to move it back.
If it is not on the screen in the first place how can I move it onto the screen?
Ensign
# 40
06-20-2013, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilesbladex View Post
If it is not on the screen in the first place how can I move it onto the screen?
I got it. I right clicked on the task bar icon and then right clicked on it to choose move. Then just push the up arrow until it showed up. Thank you!