Commander
I parked it as close as I could to an Oddy, and it was about .5 the size of the saucer, and 2x the size of the Aquarius docked in the ship. I want my ship to be small
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
05-24-2013, 03:07 PM
I noticed this too! After launching my aquarius it suddenly gets huge. What's the deal? This is really bothering me.
Captain
# 3
05-24-2013, 03:39 PM
Is it because the nacelles are expanded? You know they fold out when it launches?

I think it also puffs up to make itself more impressive and as a safety feature in case if your Captain has not flown a ship for a while.

Please add Exploration to Star Trek Online!
Are you sure it isn't time for a "colourful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
Star Trek Battles Channel - Play STO more like Star Trek with challenge, teamwork and FUN!
Captain
# 4
05-24-2013, 03:43 PM
Pets seem to be smaller than player ships, as a rule, even if they're supposed to be the same ship.

However...

I was doing the Battle Rumble Royale 1701 Foundry mission (or whatever it's called), and near the end you do fight an independent Aquarius destroyer. I swear it was bigger than my Defiant, and that just ain't right.
Commander
# 5
05-24-2013, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thratch1 View Post
Pets seem to be smaller than player ships, as a rule, even if they're supposed to be the same ship.

However...

I was doing the Battle Rumble Royale 1701 Foundry mission (or whatever it's called), and near the end you do fight an independent Aquarius destroyer. I swear it was bigger than my Defiant, and that just ain't right.
Yeah, I know its supposed to be a little bigger. But this new size is WAAAYYY too big.
Career Officer
# 6
05-24-2013, 05:53 PM
Cryptic knows about scaling issues since day one. Their justification for the whacky sizes? Ease of visual acquisition.
On the subject of Abramsverse stuff in STO: http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/07...l-rivera-part/
And more reasons against JJ Trek: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiQ9piVgtWM
And even more: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REOjxvQPQNQ
Ensign
# 7
05-25-2013, 08:19 AM
I would love for the Aquarius to be the right size again. That size leak is apparently a dying Tardis and that cross genre meshing just won't do. If I could name my Aquarius right now it would be U.S.S. Blowfish. Lose the Blowfish, bring back our little bulldog, the small Aquarius!
Republic Veteran
# 8
05-25-2013, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saboreth View Post
I would love for the Aquarius to be the right size again. That size leak is apparently a dying Tardis and that cross genre meshing just won't do. If I could name my Aquarius right now it would be U.S.S. Blowfish. Lose the Blowfish, bring back our little bulldog, the small Aquarius!
I agree. All I can say is....what the hell!?!?!? I noticed this too and it's just insane. I feel like my Aquarius pet that drops from my Oddyssey is just ugly and too bulky. It just doesn't look right. I agree! Bring back "our little bulldog!"
Captain
# 9
05-25-2013, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scimitar2 View Post
I agree. All I can say is....what the hell!?!?!? I noticed this too and it's just insane. I feel like my Aquarius pet that drops from my Oddyssey is just ugly and too bulky. It just doesn't look right. I agree! Bring back "our little bulldog!"
I bet you they made the Aquarius pet larger because they think captains have a hard time keeping track of where it is.

Cryptic, all Odyssey captains know exactly where their Aquarius pet is -- it blew up right next to the exploding Cube.
Commander
# 10
05-26-2013, 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thratch1 View Post
I bet you they made the Aquarius pet larger because they think captains have a hard time keeping track of where it is.

Cryptic, all Odyssey captains know exactly where their Aquarius pet is -- it blew up right next to the exploding Cube.
Exactly :p

reverse the change and maybe give us something in the UI that we (and carriers for that matter) can use to track what's going on with our pets!