Empire Veteran
Before I forget,

I am a player who played STO in closed beta, then open beta, and then in retail. I purchased the life time account when it was first offered. However, I got bored of the game and left... before it went free to play. I actually quit many many MANY months before.

My guild members and friends convinced me to play Neverwinter. It is a great game, but I am a huge fan of Fantasy based MMO, but I started to play it with my friends and guild members. Last Sunday, a few exploiters caused the game to go down and I got bored and decided to see what is happening around here.

I see allot of new content and PvE for Klingons. So I decided to play STO again. Since I am a lifer I have been collecting free STO only ZEN.

The items I am not sure about is this:

100 Duty Officer Roster Slots

Two Bridge Officer Slots

Fleet Support Duty Officer Pack

Klingon Empire Duty Officer Pack

I purchased the 100 Duty Officer Roster Slot... but I do not see any additional slots... then I purchased the Two Bridge Officer Slots and I can see I can get two more BO (Bridge Officers). So what exactly is the 100 Duty Officer Roster Slot for? Where can I see this effect or the extra slots?

What is the difference between
100 Duty Officer Roster Slots versus Two Bridge Officer Slots

Next Question, I can not purchase either Fleet Support Duty Officer Pack or Klingon Empire Duty Officer Pack. Why not?

Sorry I am a big ole noob...

P.S. Cryptic/PW did finally fix my account... i can post... horahh...
Career Officer
# 2
05-24-2013, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boydzinj View Post
I purchased the 100 Duty Officer Roster Slot... but I do not see any additional slots... then I purchased the Two Bridge Officer Slots and I can see I can get two more BO (Bridge Officers). So what exactly is the 100 Duty Officer Roster Slot for? Where can I see this effect or the extra slots?
You don't "see" DOff slots like you do Bank slots. You should see your DOff Roster can now accomodate 100 more DOffs than you could before. This is a good buy if you plan to do any serious DOffing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boydzinj View Post
What is the difference between 100 Duty Officer Roster Slots versus Two Bridge Officer Slots
DOffs and BOffs are completely separate. You see BOffs by hitting the 'K' key. You see DOffs by clicking that button under your MiniMap.
Captain
# 3
05-25-2013, 02:42 AM
Quote:
Next Question, I can not purchase either Fleet Support Duty Officer Pack or Klingon Empire Duty Officer Pack. Why not?
DOFFing isn't available now until you reach a certain rank, this maybe why you can't purchase those packs yet. I am only guessing here as I don't know what level you are but this restriction was added with the LoR update.
Career Officer
# 4
05-25-2013, 10:26 AM
Is there a good list of which items are and aren't acount wide when purchased through the store?

I understand that ships are.

Are the tribble pets account wide?
Borg bridge officers?
And the DS9 and TOS bundles, are all the uniforms, bridges and duty officers for only one character or account wide?
Captain
# 5
05-25-2013, 11:01 AM
Most items attempt to specify account-wide or individual, and some even spell out that they can't be auto-replaced if disposed off (sell / recycle / donate / use)...

To be general about it:
Ships, bridges, Races and uniforms are the main "account wide" unlocks. Whether they come from a bundle or individual.

Most other things, tribbles, BOffs, slots, tokens, EV suits, etc. are character unlocks. They also usually come with the disclaimer "if you sell / discard / lose etc. this item you cannot reclaim another for free"... (or something like that)
Well, with the upgrade announcement leaving NX and Connie fans in the dust again, can we restart / revisit the T5 Connie and NX threads - since they will no longer be "truly" endgame ships... (after we get the T5 versions, it'll be time to see them added to the T5U upgrade charts too...
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-25-2013, 11:37 AM
You might want to consider rolling a new KDF alt.
I've heard that the leveling story is really good.

That would also give you a chance to understand the difference between duty officer slots and bridge officer slots. The game has changed a lot since you were last here. I've read the old forum posts about cryptic's sad history with the KDF.

The current KDF outrage is FED getting our plasmodium leech. The current Doff outrage is the stealth 100 item email nurf.
Career Officer
# 7
05-26-2013, 07:41 AM
So once you have ZEN how do you actually use it? I have zen, but when i go to the wallet to transfer it it tells me I have no characters for Star Trek Online (which I do have.)

So I have ZEN I bought and would like to use for the ds9 and tos bundles but I can't.

Any thoughts?

** Also does anyone know when you can 'use' the Deep Space 9 Bundle? It says my character cant' use it' so I cant purchase. I bought some points through my steam wallet but I am having this issue and the the transfer issue above.

Last edited by thedevilsbrigade; 05-26-2013 at 08:03 AM.
Career Officer
# 8
05-26-2013, 08:18 AM
You probably have Zen in your Perfect World account, but you need to charge it to STO first. Do that at your PW account site.

A character can't buy/use an item because it's too low level or of the wrong faction or insufficient Zen. You'd need to be FED to buy the TOS and DS9 bundles.
Career Officer
# 9
05-26-2013, 08:53 AM
My character is federation. It only allows purchase of TOS, not DS9 bundles. Maybe you need a higher level character to buy the DS9 bundle.

I've tried to transfer the zen from their site, when I pick STO and then server it tells me 'no characters' under server.