Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
So I had 50 Critical Severity on my ship and 2.5% crit total. I buy two blue Distruptor Turret Mk II's. One has +20 Crit Severity and +2% crit. The other one has +2% Crit, and +0.1 Accuracy.

Obviously I expected my stats to go from 50 crit severity to 70 and my crit chance to go from 2.5% to 6.5%, but they didn't. They stayed exactly the same. It's not due to lag either.

I'm pretty sure you didn't intend for people to only have 2% crit and 50 severity when you can have upwards of 4-8 pieces of gear end-game with those stats on each item. Afterall if it were capped with just two, wtf would be the point of having those stats on the other 6 items, right?

So what's the deal? Are these items not giving me stats due to a bug? Do I have the stats, but they're just not showing in the window? Or did you cap Ships to have only 2.5% crit and 50 Crit Severity max?

People should be made aware of these things though before they fork out several hundred thousands in funds to gear themselves out after farming come Feb 2nd, that way they don't waste their time and just grab standard common items.

[Edit] Noticed I have 50 Crit Severity and 2.5% crit even without any gear equipped on my ship. I thought it was coming from my green torps and Dual Phasers, but I guess not. I have a total of 110 Severity and 6.5% crit when you factor in the 60 Severity I have from gear. You definitely need to fix this, or make people aware. No one wants to play a RPG where progression is pointless because all blue and green weapons do nooothing compared to their common counterparts despite offering a few more DPS.

While you're at it enable FS Antialiasing already, so I can actually see what the game looks like at its best visually.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-19-2010, 12:28 PM
Bumping for good measure.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-24-2010, 11:13 AM
need a response to this issue
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-24-2010, 11:18 AM
The bonus stats on the items most likely only affects the given item the effect is on. Nothing else really makes sense given the magnitude of the effects.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-24-2010, 11:20 AM
then why have the stats in the personal window?
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-24-2010, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morell View Post
The bonus stats on the items most likely only affects the given item the effect is on. Nothing else really makes sense given the magnitude of the effects.

This. The stats in the personal window are just the BASE stats (modified by "global" bonuses such as racial traits, "passive" skills, etc.) Each weapon's secondary/tertiary bonuses only apply to that weapon itself.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-24-2010, 02:23 PM
i would like to know this for sure, since this makes items with bonuses significantly less valuable if you can't stack them, it basically means the max crit you can have w/ ship weapons is 2%