Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Career Officer
Hi All,

A weapon choice question for you all. I'm running a Fleet Assault Cruiser as a mostly tanking vessel. My build seems to work very well, managing to consistently take 1st place in most fleet actions I run (with either set of weapons).

What I want to know, in the opinion of the forum dwellers, which weapon setup do you think would be better...

6x Nanite Disruptor Beam Arrays [Accx3]

OR

6x Spiral Wave Disruptor Beam Arrays [Accx2] [Dmgx2]

The other two weapons are the kinetic cutting beam and the wide angle quantum. I'm having a very hard time deciding between the two sets. After experimentation the procs on the Spiral Waves seem better, and they seem to net a little more damage when the shields are down. However, I'm liking the whole not missing on the Nanite Disrutpors, and I don't feel if have to worry about maneuvering as much with those as the shields are less effective with the proc.

Also, I primarily PvE...but might go back to PvP with my fleet someday (I used to do it way back, but have been away from it for a while).

I so can't make up my mind. Please help!
Captain
# 2
05-25-2013, 08:37 AM
I have not used the NDB, but I have used the Spiral Waves and frankly do not care to switch away from them because they simply amaze me every time.
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Commander
# 3
05-25-2013, 02:28 PM
What we need are spiral wave distruptor cannons. I would love some dhc!
Career Officer
# 4
05-25-2013, 05:01 PM
If they're both boosted by disruptor consoles would it be worth it to go for 3 of each????????
Republic Veteran
# 5
05-25-2013, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edalgo View Post
If they're both boosted by disruptor consoles would it be worth it to go for 3 of each????????
Yes i agree, run them both. since their base is disruptor you want lose out by mixing energy types

and yes can we at least get Spiral DHC's like the plasma/disruptor. dont have to be a full set, just a beam array and a DHC, but make them open to all or account bond so we can use them on any ship

Last edited by mwilder; 05-25-2013 at 07:10 PM.
Lieutenant
# 6
05-25-2013, 09:07 PM
This is actually a pretty interesting idea to say the least.

Thing is, is it worth losing phaser proc chances for extra bleed through and a lil more damage resis debuffs?
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-26-2013, 08:31 PM
The Spirals are better across the board.

Spirals have 4 modifiers, nanite disruptors have only 3.

But, more importantly...

Nanite Disruptors gain their Shield Debuff at the EXPENSE of their disruptor breech debuff; while they can still debuff damage resistance, they only debuff with about half the effectiveness of normal disruptors. So, effectively, you get two different "half-procs" with the Nanite Disruptors. Cool? Yes. Better then Spirals? Do the math.

Spirals? 4 modifiers. Nanites? 3. Spirals? 2 different procs (disruptor and phaser). Nanites? Two "half-procs".

Just my take.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
05-27-2013, 05:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by torvinecho25 View Post
The Spirals are better across the board.

Spirals have 4 modifiers, nanite disruptors have only 3.

But, more importantly...

Nanite Disruptors gain their Shield Debuff at the EXPENSE of their disruptor breech debuff; while they can still debuff damage resistance, they only debuff with about half the effectiveness of normal disruptors. So, effectively, you get two different "half-procs" with the Nanite Disruptors. Cool? Yes. Better then Spirals? Do the math.

Spirals? 4 modifiers. Nanites? 3. Spirals? 2 different procs (disruptor and phaser). Nanites? Two "half-procs".

Just my take.
I usually tend to go with the ^^math guys^^... thanks for the info
"A matter of 'internal security' - the age-old cry of the oppressor." Captain Jean-Luc Picard, The Hunted
| 44th Fleet [Fed] | 44th Assault Squadron [Kdf] | Startrek.44thfleet.com |
Ensign
# 9
05-27-2013, 08:40 AM
Forgive my ignorance, but I thought spiral waves could only be fitted on the Galor?
Career Officer
# 10
05-27-2013, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by venkinto View Post
Forgive my ignorance, but I thought spiral waves could only be fitted on the Galor?
I THINK they can only be bought if you have the Galor, once you have it you can buy the weapons from the d-store and fit them on whatever you want. Unless something's changed and you can buy them without owning the Galor, in which case you can just plain use them for anything

-Quiiliitiila
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91856067000&dateline=  1340218559
Vote YES to the Jupiter Class Dreadnought!
Don't know what it is? Visit my forum HERE
And now check out the new Jupiter Class Dreadnought forum HERE