Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Rihannsu
# 11
05-27-2013, 07:47 AM
Spirals are beter than nanites, but i would possiply personally use romulan weaponry.
Say the word, it saves the world.
CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."
Rihannsu
# 12
05-27-2013, 07:51 AM
personally love the nanites own both but nanites come in cheap accx3 yes the spiral waves gett acc2 and dmg 2 but at level 50 dmg mods dont do much at all.

so essentially I like to hit my targets I would run accx3 since we got helmsmen increasing everyones defence due to turnrate.

Just my Opinion.
-Spells

|| Open Door Policy ||
| Dues Ex Mechina |
Fleet Leader

Lt. Commander
# 13
05-27-2013, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiiliitiila View Post
I THINK they can only be bought if you have the Galor, once you have it you can buy the weapons from the d-store and fit them on whatever you want. Unless something's changed and you can buy them without owning the Galor, in which case you can just plain use them for anything

-Quiiliitiila

You can only buy Spirals if you have the Galor unpacked. Once you have it unpacked, you can buy/equip spirals on anything you want, provided its on that character.
Republic Veteran
# 14
05-27-2013, 08:50 AM
Since they are both disruptor based why not use both 3 and 3, the way you get to your cake and eat it too
Captain
# 15
05-27-2013, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcostik View Post
You can only buy Spirals if you have the Galor unpacked. Once you have it unpacked, you can buy/equip spirals on anything you want, provided its on that character.
This is fact.
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Career Officer
# 16
05-28-2013, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by srspells View Post
personally love the nanites own both but nanites come in cheap accx3 yes the spiral waves gett acc2 and dmg 2 but at level 50 dmg mods dont do much at all.

so essentially I like to hit my targets I would run accx3 since we got helmsmen increasing everyones defence due to turnrate.

Just my Opinion.
-Spells
After a fair bit of field testing, it seems like the [acc]x3 is giving the Nanite Disruptors an edge over the Spiral Waves, despite their better procs and slightly higher damage rating. I pretty much never see "Miss" anymore...ever. I've also managed things like 5 crits in a row with the Accuracy overflow. After reading up on the subject some more too, it seems like if I ever want to PvP again, [acc] really is key.

So while I'm grateful for everyone's input on this, I think I'm going to have to go with Spells' assessment unless I get some more data to the contrary. Thank you everyone!
Captain
# 17
05-28-2013, 07:12 AM
Well higher dmage doesn't mean anything if you can't hit the target. You made a wise choice from that point of view.

For my part, *when* I hit, I hit hard. I'm ok with that idea.

Career Officer
# 18
05-28-2013, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet View Post
Well higher dmage doesn't mean anything if you can't hit the target. You made a wise choice from that point of view.

For my part, *when* I hit, I hit hard. I'm ok with that idea.
That is a selling point with the Sprials. Observed non-crit spikes def seem to be higher with them. On a side note, they are also much prettier...makes me wish Cryptic had at least done a pallet shift for the Nanite Disruptors...

While I'm thinking about it though, what does everyone think about the value of the phaser proc on the Spirals? I've heard lots of players complain about phaser procs in PVP, and I'm wondering if it might be worth losing that last Acc mod for that chance...
Captain
# 19
05-28-2013, 08:47 AM
I use Spirals for PvE. I perceive I've seen the effect of the Phaser proc more often than not. I can't verify with numbers or data - just a "sense" of it. Frankly, don't count on the procs unless you can get to 10% or greater. The chance is so low to not be reliable.

Don;t get me wrong, when the shields on the target suddenly go down, or the target slows down without me clicking some other ability ... that's the phaser proc activating and it brings a smile to my face.

What's the complaint: they hate the effect or hate being affected?

Ok, long-winded version for this answer: I like the phaser proc

Captain
# 20
05-28-2013, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet View Post
What's the complaint: they hate the effect or hate being affected?
In PvP it's typically the latter.

My biggest beef with the spiral wave dual proc is the nature of the dual proc itself: specifically that the phaser immunity timer prevents the disruptor breach from occurring.

Random thought: since it's a functionally different proc (it's a lower magnitude resist debuff) can the nanite disruptor breach stack with a standard disruptor breach?