Ensign
# 1 Help
05-26-2013, 06:49 PM
I was in the process of lending help to a friend and I told her I would give her some EC, in the proces I believe I might have triggered some sort of auto ban, at least according to some other players who have reported similar incidents. I was NOT mentioning the spam site an I believe I was a victim of some sort of misunderstanding.

i have reported this to the customer service people but i dont know what else i can do, can anyone help?
Empire Veteran
# 2
05-26-2013, 07:37 PM
Did you get DCed suddenly and then a message saying you weren't allowed in?
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Commander
# 3
05-27-2013, 06:43 AM
I'm afraid there's nothing more you can do. Customer service will have to review your messages and unban your account eventually. But that takes time...
Captain
# 4
05-27-2013, 01:30 PM
Lending EC to other players is not an issue. I've had fleetmates give me millions of EC before to help buy consoles. I've given EC to others. It's in-game money, and there is a direct trade system. There is nothing in the EULA about lending or gifting in-game items or currency. EC, Consoles, commodities, As long as it is not character bound, you can do anything with it. When you sell stuff on the exchange, that is essentially what you are doing, just to a wider audience. When you direct trade, you are cutting out the middle man.

Heck, given the right situation, you can "gift" Zen store items by purchasing a code card and giving them the code.

I think it was just a random DC issue.

Last edited by kyeto13; 05-27-2013 at 01:32 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 5
05-27-2013, 06:42 PM
Have you been able to get back in?
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891