Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 11
# 1 Glitched mirror universe
05-26-2013, 11:32 AM
For christs sake developers, how long are we going to have to play this game with so many glitches? I try to join mirror universe to level up and of course, right after i warp in it says you will leave map in 5 seconds.
When will this **** be fixed?? I know you guys obviously dont give a **** about anyone that plays, but at least imagine it is hurting your income. maybe then youll want to fix it.
I know this will probably get deleted by someone that should be working out issues with the game, but does anyone have an answer for any of this?
With the 500 patches ive had to download youd think this would be ironed out by now.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 215
# 2
05-26-2013, 11:34 AM
its not just mirror its all the pve queues. I have been getting kicked from colony invasions and fleet alerts as well.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 784
# 3
05-26-2013, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skb138 View Post
For christs sake developers, how long are we going to have to play this game with so many glitches? I try to join mirror universe to level up and of course, right after i warp in it says you will leave map in 5 seconds.
When will this **** be fixed?? I know you guys obviously dont give a **** about anyone that plays, but at least imagine it is hurting your income. maybe then youll want to fix it.
I know this will probably get deleted by someone that should be working out issues with the game, but does anyone have an answer for any of this?
With the 500 patches ive had to download youd think this would be ironed out by now.
Swearing, calling devs names and shaming people who work in other departments from the coders wil do nothing to help your blight. Branflakes, the community leader who post all the tweets and the patch notes and such, DOES NOT DO CODE! He's sole job is to engage the community and keep us updated. Yelling at him to "stop deleting post and go work on the bugs" is like yelling at your waiters because your steak is undercooked. It's not their job to cook it, they didn't cook it, and they most likely don't even know HOW to cook it. Ever seen the movie "Waiting" That scene where they defile that *****'s food because she was so mean... I've seen that happen in restaurants.

Don't assume just because they are not fixing this exact issue RIGHT THE **** NOW does not mean they hate their customers. Again, righting code for an MMO requires billions of lines of code, all interacting with each other and playing with each other. Sometimes, something breaks and they can't immediately tell if it is in Section A, Subsection 4, paragraph 3, or in Subsection QZT, Subsection 5471, Paragraph 4. Do NOT assume that all the devs has to do is press "F7" and it will scroll through and fix all the spelling and grammar errors"

As for the PVE queue bugs, this is a new season launch.. ALOT IF CODE CHANGED AND ALOT OF THINGS CHANGED! It is expected that alot of things will be broken, or warped, sometimes unusable so after launch. Give it two weeks before writing off the devs as incompetent.
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 11
# 4
05-26-2013, 01:57 PM
are you kidding me?? Youre going to say the multitude of ongoing glitches and bugs in this game is ALL due to the new season? Thats stupid.
Hell just two weeks ago one of my toons couldnt even join a fleet. No answer from devs on that one either. If the new season isnt stable or ready, dont release it. all it leads to is frustration. And like a poster said above, now ALL pve queues are affected. I am unable to do any pve queues, which is the main reason i play this game. So good job developers, you guys have let us down yet again. Thanks.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 345
# 5
05-26-2013, 03:12 PM
While I have not personally run into this glitch, I have heard many people who have. However, if you are reporting it as a bug, I recommend putting in a bug-report ticket, or posting in the Gameplay Bugs forum, rather than complain in this particular forum that the Devs are unlikely to look at (at least in the search of bugs).

Gameplay Bugs Forum: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69
Original Join Date: January 2010
Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,548
# 6
05-26-2013, 03:17 PM
This is a very serious bug that happens with all non-cross faction instances , but there is no reason to be rude about it.
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 11
# 7
05-26-2013, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpalelena View Post
This is a very serious bug that happens with all non-cross faction instances , but there is no reason to be rude about it.
i have turned in bug tickets, i never get a response. Its pointless. I mean, what has to be done for them to address these issues? Instead of making a new bridge for a ship or a new uniform they can charge money for why dont they fix basic game issues?
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 11
# 8
05-26-2013, 03:47 PM
and i have not had this issue with any other characters than my tactical romulan character
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 161
# 9
05-27-2013, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skb138 View Post
Hell just two weeks ago one of my toons couldnt even join a fleet. No answer from devs on that one either.
Asking for a dev response is the quickest way not to get one.

And you do realize if your F2P, your tickets get the lowest priority right?

Joined August 2009
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 465
# 10
05-27-2013, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skb138 View Post
i have turned in bug tickets, i never get a response. Its pointless. I mean, what has to be done for them to address these issues? Instead of making a new bridge for a ship or a new uniform they can charge money for why dont they fix basic game issues?
Again, this comes down to yelling at the wrong people. So you're going to yell at the art department for issues with the database and infrastructure issues? Come on, use your head a little.

The developers that are responsible for fixing this bug are responsible for making sure the game doesn't completely de-stabilize and crash the moment they implement a fix to it.

Season 7 had this exact same bug on the release week and they fixed it about 10 days into season 7. LoR changed a LOT of coding on both the front and back ends, which most likely is the cause for this bug resurfacing and the same fix obviously no longer works, which means they have to go back to the drawing board, along with fixing critical issues with the stuff they just released to the masses.

You have to be patient and give developers time to fix things, otherwise, yelling at them will just make them go to the art department

[Unrepentant] Lapo@overlapo: the problem with space STF
is that you can't properly teabag your defeated opponent

Unrepentant: Home of the Rainbow Warrior and the Rainbow Brigade.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:26 PM.