Lieutenant
# 121
06-13-2013, 03:45 PM
After snagging the retrofit, and laying down the zen on the t4 refit, I have to say, the console set makes all the difference. Instead of percentage based turn increase, you get a flat number, so you aren't getting a gimped bonus from your low base. This bonus brings it in line with moat federation cruisers in handling. Not the excelsior, but it's on par with star and assault cruisers.
Rihannsu
# 122
06-13-2013, 11:22 PM
i am now using the DD consoles set, 3x DHC disruptor fore, 1 plasma torp, 2x turret aft +the Bio-Neural warhead.

it is playable also in PVP; but one wonders if playing with mogai or other ship would not produce better results..

D'D is a fancy ship though.
Lieutenant
# 123
06-13-2013, 11:42 PM
The biggest reason the D'Deridex sucks is that it's current Eng boff slots were all formerly Sci. The amount of crying to have it changed to be 'just like the Fed cruisers because we don't know Science bawwwbawww' was retardedly high. Almost as high as the devs were when they made such a change.
Republic Veteran
# 124
06-14-2013, 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arxial View Post
The biggest reason the D'Deridex sucks is that it's current Eng boff slots were all formerly Sci. The amount of crying to have it changed to be 'just like the Fed cruisers because we don't know Science bawwwbawww' was retardedly high. Almost as high as the devs were when they made such a change.
Umm no...originally the DD had the same layout as the Galaxy class...overloaded with Eng slots, then over time it was changed to the much more attractive build it is today.
Ensign
# 125
06-14-2013, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fudgeoflife View Post
Ouch so I got to level 30 recently and got my new D'Deridex and all, and I did a mission and I noticed a HUGE drop in performance from my Mogai. So bad that im actually going back to my level 20 ship again...

Anyone else feel like this?
I won't say the D'Deridex sucks, but I don't like it for my play style. Others in my fleet saw my purchase of the Valdore warbird was silly. "Why buy a ship for only 10 levels" they would ask. I just said, hey, I've made sillier purchases in my life...lol. As it turns out, not such a silly purchase, as I am now using it till at least lvl 40.
Rihannsu
# 126
06-14-2013, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenconrad View Post
I won't say the D'Deridex sucks, but I don't like it for my play style. Others in my fleet saw my purchase of the Valdore warbird was silly. "Why buy a ship for only 10 levels" they would ask. I just said, hey, I've made sillier purchases in my life...lol. As it turns out, not such a silly purchase, as I am now using it till at least lvl 40.
the 2 consoles power "singularity projection" from D'Drithau and D'D refit is VERY nice. too bad it is only limited for use with the D'D
Career Officer
# 127
06-14-2013, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fudgeoflife View Post
Ouch so I got to level 30 recently and got my new D'Deridex and all, and I did a mission and I noticed a HUGE drop in performance from my Mogai. So bad that im actually going back to my level 20 ship again...

Anyone else feel like this?
Another I hate DD thread....LOL...its not the ship....its the OPERATOR...Adjust and learn how to make the ship better...or just get another to fit your play style
Captain
# 128
06-14-2013, 12:17 PM
Ah but the free version does suck. And people feel resentful for being forced to take a crappy ship, and that resentment comes out in threads like this one.

I dont see whats so important that makes keeping it this way worth pissing off every new customer
Commander
# 129
06-14-2013, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arxial View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
Umm no...originally the DD had the same layout as the Galaxy class...overloaded with Eng slots, then over time it was changed to the much more attractive build it is today.
This.

Thankfully, all the QQ the galaxy layout instantly received resulted in a better ship being offered.

I found the free D'D to be fine, but I skipped a cannon build in favor of a better mixed platform.

Last edited by millimidget; 06-14-2013 at 02:11 PM.
Captain
# 130
06-14-2013, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusmorologus View Post
Ah but the free version does suck. And people feel resentful for being forced to take a crappy ship, and that resentment comes out in threads like this one.

I dont see whats so important that makes keeping it this way worth pissing off every new customer
Actually you don't have to take the D'deridex. You can grab a Galaxy, Defiant, Intrepid, Raptor, BoP, or Battlecruiser instead. Depends on your alignment.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder. <--- DR proved me wrong!