Commander
# 1 Free Ship Token ships
05-23-2013, 06:27 AM
Hi,

So last night, as my L-Borg Tac captain was stumbling around, I ended up at the Shipyard in Qonos, as one of the gazillion new missions that forced themselves on me was one informing me I had a ship token to use. I didn't recall not using one, or earning another, but okay, I'll play along.

I go look, and sure enough, I've got a T5 ship token sitting there unused. But that's not even the part of this story that's puzzling me. One of the ships that was purchasable with this token was the Kar'Fi-class carrier. Isn't that a Zen ship? Are we supposed to be able to buy some of them with ship tokens now? I'm a bit confused.

-Gen
Ensign
# 2
05-23-2013, 07:03 AM
The tier 5 +1 ship token (Z-store ships) comes from hitting a milestone for time sudscribed. If you purchased Lifetime because of the sale you get all milestone perks retroactively. That particular reward is from the 600 days veterine reward more info in the link below.

http://sto.perfectworld.com/community/veteran-rewards
Commander
# 3
05-23-2013, 07:18 AM
Yeah, I actually purchased LTS six-ish months ago; I guess I just never noticed that particular Vet Reward. Thanks for pointing it out! Still, it's not weird that I could use it for a ship that would have otherwise cost 1k Zen?

-Gen
Republic Veteran
# 4
05-23-2013, 07:51 AM
By the way, the ship you get with this token is not valid for the fleet ship module discount on its fleet version (if one exists).
# 5
05-23-2013, 09:05 AM
Id say save that token for IF the devs release a new KDF cstore ship. All KDF ships are horribly obsolete compared to the new release fed ships and rom ships.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Captain
# 6
05-23-2013, 07:35 PM
I saw that as well. When I logged on my KDF to collect my Doff and Romulan rewards. And to set up his traits. I didn't really look into it, just thought it was a glitch. I will check it out in next time I get on. Funny part is I didn't get one for my Fed. And I done lot more time on that one.

Last edited by farmallm; 05-23-2013 at 07:38 PM.
Commander
# 7
05-24-2013, 05:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrskyfaller View Post
Id say save that token for IF the devs release a new KDF cstore ship. All KDF ships are horribly obsolete compared to the new release fed ships and rom ships.
I ended up using the token on that Kar'Fi the night before last; the Tac char in question has a wide variety of usable ships, and a carrier was just about he last moment of "hmm, haven't done that yet" that he has. I know there's been talk of new C-store KDF ships on the horizon (the one I heard about that specifically has my interest is the Negh'var refit), and if they hit I'll happily go pick those up later, but now is now.

Later on,
Gen
Captain
# 8
05-24-2013, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by generator88 View Post
Yeah, I actually purchased LTS six-ish months ago; I guess I just never noticed that particular Vet Reward. Thanks for pointing it out! Still, it's not weird that I could use it for a ship that would have otherwise cost 1k Zen?

-Gen
That is the way the Vice Admiral (or Lieutenant General for KDFers) Token works. You can get one Z-store (Since no vice admiral ships are free) for free. on the fed side this includes the Defiant/Intrepid/Galaxy retrofits.

However, as someone mentioned, you don't get the fleet module discount for it, since you didn't actually purchase the ship. Likewise, it is a one time character unlock, so if you dismiss the free ship from the token, you don't get another one (again, unlike if you actually paid zen where you could reclaim it).
Commander
# 9
05-24-2013, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagerfan9751 View Post
That is the way the Vice Admiral (or Lieutenant General for KDFers) Token works. You can get one Z-store (Since no vice admiral ships are free) for free. on the fed side this includes the Defiant/Intrepid/Galaxy retrofits.

However, as someone mentioned, you don't get the fleet module discount for it, since you didn't actually purchase the ship. Likewise, it is a one time character unlock, so if you dismiss the free ship from the token, you don't get another one (again, unlike if you actually paid zen where you could reclaim it).
So the take-home lesson is, never be so asleep at the switch that I dismiss one of these ships, check!

While I was going over what ships I could use for this, I was pleased to note that one of the ones for which that token works is the Marauder FDC. As I just started an Orion char, it'll be nice to have one if the Orion ships w/o ponying up Zen for it.

Thanks!
Gen