Captain
# 21
05-26-2013, 06:44 AM
I think it's time to finally scrap this entire seperated-by-faction queue system and introduce crossfaction queues.
Lieutenant
# 22
05-26-2013, 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostusthorn View Post
FvF was the biggest mistake in PvP n STO so far.
Says you. I remember klinks would stay cloak until all the feds warped out due to boredom and the klinks would call VICTORY! meh.

Then again this was pre-carrier days. When they put up fvf I heavy reduced my fvk play time due to this reason. The only time I did fvk was in the kiddy pool.
----------------
Veni Vidi Vici
Confucius says "A Panda is most dangerous when Sad".
Career Officer
# 23
05-26-2013, 07:23 AM
Make a new real STO-PVP Game and take it out of this STO... .

This PVP like it is now is a joke compared to other Games like BF3 and Co.
Level 50 Cpts: W-T-Riker; Jadzia; Sharan; K'Dhan; T-W-Riker; T'Pok; Ehrehin; Shanara; Karana; Lukara
Subscribed For: 1200 Days 23-08-2013
Commander
# 24
05-26-2013, 07:31 AM
What a ridiculous question.

Every time i see someone ask 'whats the point' in this game i am reminded how many ... (edit to remove the phrase 'narcissistic douchebags') *people cant seem to see thing outside of their own narrow perspective or 'fun; parameters as being anything but useless.

Let me ask you another question (as i completely ignore the entirety of this thread past its title, i'm cool like that, so i can pull it off. its not recommended)

You're playing an online pewpew game named after a fantasy epic with poor acting and terrible writing almost throughout the entire genre, ( ez nerds,, i love trek too)

Whats the point?

You're spending hours on end delving into how to get 1.8% more dps out of the left most turret on the aft of your digital ship when in fact it means absolutely nothing to anyone anywhere in the world but yourself, if even that.

Whats the point?

You're spending hundreds of dollars trying to get a virtual ship out of a box you'll use to sell to buy more keys to open more boxes to sell for more ship to sell for more keys to open more boxes to get more shi......

Whats the point?

you're wasting your life 'n growing a big fatt (_|_) staring at pixilated images of a future you'll ultimately have no part in creating because you're stuck to a screen playing pretend instead of focusing your considerable (or not) talents on who pewpews the bestest instead of something actually meaningful like tesla's theories or how to build a better grape or why so many people in 'my' generation jUst don't give a damn.

Whats the point?

I love you guys, and i'd tell you more often. but you don't love me, so,
I figure,

Whats the point?
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-26-2013, 07:37 AM
I wish my BOFFs had an Emergency Power to QQ ability like the OP.
Captain
# 26
05-26-2013, 08:55 AM
This is what happens when fed players cry about not getting battlecloak. Now you have it, you're crying about it.
Head of PR - Ausmonauts

Empire Veteran
# 27
05-26-2013, 09:19 AM
Ahhhhhh, the Rage and Tears..... delicious.
Captain
# 28
05-26-2013, 09:39 AM
Tom, a Fed, complains about the lack of Battle Cloak.
Jerry, a Fed, never complains about the lack of Battle Cloak.

Feds get Battle Cloak via Romulans.

Tom is happy.
Jerry is not happy.

Why rag on Jerry for not being happy?

Such misdirected rage...

edit: Perhaps even tears from certain KDF bleeding through under the mask of rage...tsk, tsk.
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder
Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethaen, M.Qin - Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba

Last edited by virusdancer; 05-26-2013 at 09:51 AM.
Captain
# 29
05-26-2013, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblygumsworth View Post
This is what happens when fed players cry about not getting battlecloak. Now you have it, you're crying about it.
It was handed on a Grand Silver Platter too, via LOR.
Captain
# 30
05-26-2013, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyranger1414 View Post
I think it'll be even funnier when FvF dies off and with 80% of the PvP dead it gets shut down completely. Its not rocket science, people generally hate playing against rogues classes BECAUSE they stealth. Is cloaking part of the IP? Of course. But now we see what really happens when one side says no to a military advantage on moral grounds. They have to sit around and wait to be attacked and hope they can survive a planned and coordinated attack from enemies they can't see. Wow! Does that sound ever so fun!! .... /facepalm.

Players can act superior all they want, but in the end belittling others will only result in making PvP more and more irrelevant in the game. What's the point of being a big fish in a pond getting smaller everyday?
and yet....before this change, Feds were winning matches in FvK, had developed and evolved tactics and builds to mitigate Cloak as an advantage, etc. etc. etc.

Someone actually claimed all the "Good" or "Pro" feds were playing on the FvF because "Klinks are too easy to beat".

something (Maybe all the qq'ing-first Feds wanting Cloak, now they got it and they're crying) tells me that claim is a "Nope, it's not so" situation.

ESP not since, with but a few basic (one might call them elementary, since you can do it from a low-tier ship) steps, busting cloaks isn't that hard.

as I said, the Schadenfreud is delicious.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."