Rihannsu
I'm just doing the mission "Coliseum" with my level 45 Fed-Romulan and noticed the arena battles have changed. There was a Mature Mugato in as the third opponent that wasn't there before. I found this battle comes down to whoever gets lucky with damage rolls.

It's damage capability was roughly equal to mine, and with no buffs or heals its all luck who kills who. And it fully healed every time I respawned. After several tries, I got lucky and it ran out of hitpoints before I did.

I'm assuming that "respawn until you get lucky" is not the intended strategy for completing this part of the mission. To that end, I would suggest enabling the healing plants that appear in the sandworm fight in the earlier fights as well.
Lieutenant
# 2
05-25-2013, 04:27 PM
Was Slamek (prisoner????) helping you. I have played this one on several characters since LoR has been out and a few times he was not there and it was a tough fight. The ones he was there he was perfect bait for the Mugato's slam and was a easy kill. If Slamek doesn't follow you out to the arena, exit out after you die (you have a few seconds to get it in before the dampening field activates) and restart the mission.
Captain
# 3
05-25-2013, 09:06 PM
you are playing an rpg.
that is how rpg's work.
unfortunately.

wait until you get to "overgrown cave" on new Romulus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redz4tw View Post
can you say attack pattern angry forumers 3?
Career Officer
# 4
05-28-2013, 09:15 AM
Not sure what u were using, but even without slamek helping i had a fairly easy time slicing the monkey up with the sword...

Were u standing still in front of him instead of "circling" him while slicing ????
Career Officer
# 5
05-28-2013, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jivedutch View Post
Not sure what u were using, but even without slamek helping i had a fairly easy time slicing the monkey up with the sword...
^
This !!!

And "overgrown cave" isn't that hard either if you know "how" ..

I'm just DOFFing until THIS gets fixed.
Commander
# 6
05-28-2013, 09:21 AM
Quick tip: as long as you don't move, there are a few seconds after you respawn that you can use your kit abilities. Most likely a glitch, but I was able to buff up enough to beat the monkey. Also tacs can still use the "Lunge" ability even with the kit disabled.
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
05-28-2013, 09:38 AM
He should not even touch you

I just kung fu fought the entire arena line up
I was NEVER injured except by worm spit
Empire Veteran
# 8
05-28-2013, 09:51 AM
I have done this mission countless times and Slamek has never helped me. He's always frozen near the entrance. I had some problems with the Mugato for a while before my 7 year old son though he had an idea. There is a set of bones to the right of the door that leads out of the arena. If you lure him behind it he will no longer be able to touch you and every time he moves forward he will be damaged by the bones. I've tried it once and it worked. I do this every time now and the Mugato doesn't stand a chance.
Captain
# 9
05-28-2013, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trygvar13 View Post
I have done this mission countless times and Slamek has never helped me. He's always frozen near the entrance. I had some problems with the Mugato for a while before my 7 year old son though he had an idea. There is a set of bones to the right of the door that leads out of the arena. If you lure him behind it he will no longer be able to touch you and every time he moves forward he will be damaged by the bones. I've tried it once and it worked. I do this every time now and the Mugato doesn't stand a chance.
And people still joke that kids playing video games dulls them. Awesome solution!

In truth I had little difficulty with this Mugato. My character was Reman and chose a Nausican sword. No need for fancy maneuvers - between hacking and slashing the poor brute I Mind Drained him to death.

The worms held little threat either. I love the Reman mind powers
HAIL HYDRA! Kirk's Protege 10/26/13 http://www.dtfleet.com
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-28-2013, 01:39 PM
I had no problems with this one, just played it a while ago with my Subcommander. One thing I find that can be helpful and that can be a hindrance is to set the away team to a specific location. FYI: This was the first time I did it.

I find it helpful in that your AT members don't aggro other mobs into the fight and 'you' can control what/how you fight to a better degree than without sticking the AT in one spot. One other thing is that it allows me to let the AT get aggro and a bit more importantly to let me move around to get a flanking bonus. I also target a mob that has mobs between it and me, then use my blast assault to great effect. It also lets me go sneak around with a shroud on too.

For me it was a bit of a surprise to be transported, although I probably should have guessed it. I found myself in the arena and then found myself in a battle; with no one but me and my AT. After the first wave I wanted to move into that tube but decided against it since they probably could shoot through it; and because I was directly in front of there they spawned - not a good place to be to control the fight. Not sure exactly where I was but I almost sat my away team on that circular part that opens up lol I saw it open and then moved towards a corner. From there I just sat my AT there and targeted the main mobs with my AT. Then moved around to flank multiple mobs. Sure he was tough, but "Hassan's"(?) team was the worst. That Captain took a while to take down. As with any 'fight' - the more things that you control - increases your chance of victory.