Rihannsu
# 11
05-25-2013, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagerfan9751 View Post
In all fairness. The pink text in the chat window is hard to ignore. So even if the fly-by is disabled, you can still get fair warning.
1) That text doesn't need to be pink. In fact I'm pretty sure the default is yellow.

2) You can disable the chat window text with the check box right next to the flyby check box.

It IS super annoying and I feel sorry for those who are very new to the game and don't want to see that text.

However, considering the relative rarity of getting an actual ship ( 1 in 250 boxes, supposedly), if they didn't have those messages, you'd have people believing that they only way to really get a ship is to be a Cryptic employee or something. Cryptic needs people to know that those ships really are being won (sometimes) to entice people to buy keys.
Captain
# 12
05-25-2013, 11:41 PM
The default is yellow only for System messages. Admin messages are always pink, as are Dev named toons.

As far as I know you can't change the colour of the Admin messages

That whole message is designed with the intention of making you spend a bunch of Zen in keys to open boxes so that you can "see your name in lights".
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
Rihannsu
# 13
05-25-2013, 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc10b View Post
The default is yellow only for System messages. Admin messages are always pink, as are Dev named toons.

As far as I know you can't change the colour of the Admin messages
I have always seen Dev names as pink, and I have NEVER seen any ship notification as pink. ALWAYS yellow for me.

Server shutdowns and such are pink, but that's not the same channel as the ship notifications.

Edit:

Just logged in and checked: "System" message default color is yellow and can be changed.

The dev/server shutdown, etc messages are pink by default, and can't be changed.

Sounds like some one changed "System" messages to pink and doesn't have "Gameplay" notifications turned off.

Last edited by voxinvictus; 05-25-2013 at 11:51 PM.
Captain
# 14
05-26-2013, 12:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zatharus2 View Post
you Can Disable It By Going Into The Notification Settings

Under The Fly By Section
Thank You!!!
Captain
# 15
05-26-2013, 12:16 AM
I was talking about admin messages. They come through on the [Admin] Channel, these messages are displayed a couple of times in game. Map manager fails, trying to change instances where there are no other available and server downtime annoucements.

These are always in pink, and generally can't be disabled.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
Ensign
# 16
05-26-2013, 01:04 AM
Thanks all for the feedback! I definitely missed the options to toggle that off then bleh!
Captain
# 17
05-26-2013, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxinvictus View Post
1) That text doesn't need to be pink. In fact I'm pretty sure the default is yellow.

2) You can disable the chat window text with the check box right next to the flyby check box.

It IS super annoying and I feel sorry for those who are very new to the game and don't want to see that text.

However, considering the relative rarity of getting an actual ship ( 1 in 250 boxes, supposedly), if they didn't have those messages, you'd have people believing that they only way to really get a ship is to be a Cryptic employee or something. Cryptic needs people to know that those ships really are being won (sometimes) to entice people to buy keys.
By Pink I was refering to the maintenance/admin messages which are default of pink. The idea was, in response to the post quoted, Maintenance notices (which we assume everyone wants to see) are harder to ignore and thus miss, if one disables fly-bys.

Again, the point is that the Maintenance notice, which is in pink in the chat window, would be visible and thus not missed over the course of normal gameplay.

By contrast, The "Average Joe won Lock Box Ship X" is the same color as your various "Hull strength is 75%" and "the Enemies shields are down" messages, which makes them, even if they are in the chat window, easily lost and ignored.