Lieutenant
# 1 Blurry Romulan Interior
05-25-2013, 10:18 PM
When zoning into the Romulan bridge, the interior of my ship is behind a fuzzy filter, in a way that no other area of the game is. I have revalidated and redownloaded the game via Steam. Is there any solution to this issue?

Warbird bridge: http://i.imgur.com/a2NgXlX.jpg

Flotilla interior: http://i.imgur.com/Oq9qFMJ.jpg
Captain
# 2
05-26-2013, 05:00 AM
thats not blur,its called depth of field and you can change it in options /video settings.
Lieutenant
# 3
05-26-2013, 11:59 AM
Why does that only happen in the Warbird interior then?
Cryptic Studios Team
# 4
05-28-2013, 08:23 AM
Depth of Field is set per skyfile, there may be a skyfile in the Player ship interior that is not on the Flotilla. I'll take a look at it, but for now, you can adjust your DOF setting in the Video Options.
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?
Captain
# 5
05-28-2013, 10:10 AM
So, DOF is the option that makes my textures go from sharp to blurry? I'll give it a try, i'd like it if my uniform was not blurred anymore.
Captain
# 6
05-28-2013, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by burstdragon323 View Post
So, DOF is the option that makes my textures go from sharp to blurry? I'll give it a try, i'd like it if my uniform was not blurred anymore.
I don't think that's DOF. It's happening to me to - my uniform (and other textures) will be fine, then go back to being blurry / pixelated as if I had just looked at them and they're loading the better version. Unfortunately, when the textures go blurry, they stay blurry for a long time.

It's especially noticeable on my character and NPCs though - particularly when the pants are pixelated but the top is not.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 7
05-28-2013, 05:45 PM
Textures being blurry, and the whole screen being blurry, are entirely separate things. DOF affects the whole screen, as a post process. This has no bearing on individual textures.

If your TEXTURES are blurry, look into the "Video Memory Limit" part of the troubleshooting section of the video options.
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?